Sponsored

Exhaust Mods...what did you fit and why ?

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Went for the Stainless Works catback with H pipe.
Love the sound, though does drone a little above 60mph.
Always get compliments on the sound
Sponsored

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Stiggy i have the same system, i went with x pipe and it was too raspy so retrofitted the resonator and I think this is the best as light weight and i would not go for just axle backs
Thanks Cati - as it happens I had the X-Pipe too which I bought in case the resonator made it too loud. I sold it a while back having never fitted it!

Seems I made the right choice :)

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
I'm in a similar situation myself, I haven't even picked up the car yet (few more days!) but I've already been putting a shopping list together!

On my shortlist were:
Roush Axle Back (Great sound, but not as keen on the tip size/shape)
Magnaflow Competition Axle Back (Nice deep sound, but lacks that muscle car vibe, nice 4.5" tips that fill the hole, but slightly more expensive)

The Magnaflow Competition CAT Back was also a contender, but it comes with an X-Pipe, whereas I'd prefer a H-Pipe. Axle Back + H pipe sounds great (see YouTube).

My final choice is going to be the Roush axle backs. Since the tips are bolt on, I might look for some alternatives if it still bugs me once they're fitted. If I want more volume I can then opt for a H-Pipe, or consider combining it with the Borla resonator for a small step-up.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Went for a MagnaFlow street catback first. 3" pipes, x-pipe and 4 1/2 inch tips. Sounded fantastic, deep and muscly, but was louder with the roof up than down. A couple of resonances that didn't suit lazy cruising use but an absolute hoot for hooning around. I think this is down to the big X pipes, being a convertible (which is a tight fit underneath due to the extra bracing), and, the auto box which tends to keep revs low and more likely to be in the boom zone. The tips are big and quite tight in to the rear, with no scope for adjustment due to the bracing and the size of the pipes. In a manual you'd drop a gear and no problem I think. Off the car now and a bargain (ÂŁ500 ono) for someone, maybe with a manual coupe.

Looked around at a lot of other systems. Settled on the Borla Touring catback which has a resonator (but much lighter than the standard 'suitcase') not to be confused with the the Ford Touring by Borla which has an X-pipe. 2 1/2 inch pipes so not quite as deep as the MagnaFlow but the sound is much more focussed out of the back of the car rather than all around and more room to fit it. More expensive than the MF too. Guy at Nemesis provided lightning fast delivery. Suits the auto vert much better for general use. Both systems are good quality.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snap On Pete

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
The Solo mach XV system sounds interesting... Anywhere over here that
stocks them..

Or an import jobbie ?

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
Import directly from SOLO
Came very well packaged
GT101 fitted mine

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
The Solo mach XV system sounds interesting... Anywhere over here that
stocks them..

Or an import jobbie ?
Ordered mine through Team Beefcake racing (get forum discount)

Honestly, you won’t be disappointed. It takes a number of miles before it breaks in. When it does.... holy shit!

Also, fitting it is a doddle. It’s not until you take the OEM catback off do you realise how heavy that is and how light aftermarket is in comparison

OP
OP
Snap On Pete

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Ordered mine through Team Beefcake racing (get forum discount)

Honestly, you won’t be disappointed. It takes a number of miles before it breaks in. When it does.... holy shit!

Also, fitting it is a doddle. It’s not until you take the OEM catback off do you realise how heavy that is and how light aftermarket is in comparison
Is this the jobbie.. ? They do a few systems.. opting for black tips..

http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/solo-993185bk.html

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Promotional vid did it for me. Don't expect it to be quiet on a cold start :D

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]vQYLb4Fcnz0[/MEDIA]"]