Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
That old story !!...:lol:

You cant judge what yrs is worth based on whats for sale on the market..

As for course ITS STILL FOR SALE ISNT IT.!

The only guide is what they ACTUALLY sold for...ie Known SOLD prices...and most sellers dont disclose the truth..

It looks to me that most buyers are looking for original cars with no modifications on them...as always thats what will always sell best..

I did approach a few second hand cars on here before i bought new ..
but with the reply `oh it will need to be £35k mate for me to consider selling it` i retreated swiftly and bought a new one with 3 yrs warranty for not alot more...and mines fully loaded and auto too..
Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
rarely sells a mustang on it though... can't sell a mustang to a mustang owner (well you can, but it's rare!)

Sorry Steve but thats just not true.. Coming from a serial car buyer, the first port of call i would ALWAYS go to first, would be the owners forum, clubs etc.,

after all... you are going to find a good quantity of cars for sale, and hopefully looked after by enthusiasts :headbonk:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry Steve but thats just not true.. Coming from a serial car buyer, the first port of call i would ALWAYS go to first, would be the owners forum, clubs etc.,

after all... you are going to find a good quantity of cars for sale, and hopefully looked after by enthusiasts :headbonk:
Missed my point, if I was looking for a car, I'd go for an enthusiast, but trying to sell a car to enthusiasts (who already have 1+) is different ;)

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Just to throw some info out there from my recent experience of buying... I picked up a fairly high mileage (25k) Mustang GT I'd seen for just under £29k from a Ford dealer.

Next on my list were a couple of £30k cars with between 5-10k miles from Private sellers.

Then there were a few £32k cars from trade sellers. Beyond that there were plenty at £34k and above... To the point where you'd be better off buying new!

A lot of my saved cars on AutoTrader in those price ranges have now sold, so you should get some luck, especially considering the 2017 plate.

I'd maybe put your location at the top of the description though. One thing I hated with AutoTrader was it's difficult to see exactly where a Private car is, other then XX miles away. Trade sellers have a Google Maps link on their listings.

An advantage of being a Private seller is you know the full history of the car, so I'd use that to your advantage and talk about how well the car has been looked after and the options you specced it out with to keep the black wheels, etc. Make it a bit more personal rather than a list of features like those trade listings.

Good luck!

OP
OP

mkl_mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT
Thanks for all the tips guys i'm going to lower the price and update the advert with some more personalised details instead of just generic specs etc but guess people who are buying these know what they are looking for.

Just put the same spec I have on Fords build website and it comes out at 40275 so think my asking price isn't that bad tbh, guess it's just a tricky time of year to shift it with the cold weather and just being after Christmas :D

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Can't see where it says its a 66 plate or a 17. Which is it 66:shrug:

It's pretty cheap for either.

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
It's a 66 plate registered in Jan 2017
Ah, I jumped to conclusions when I saw 2017 in the details! It’s the same case with mine being 65 plate. I like to think of it as a 2016 car but technically it was registered in Dec 2015. It’s a shame yours missed out on the tax change.

I noticed when doing my insurance today the market value fields are already pre-filling at around £21k!

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Some better quality pictures would be good too.. Park it somewhere without any trees, take 30 or so shots and use the very best. Have a plain background if u can, its less distracting..
Something like my old S197..

Use ALL the Free advert sites too..its free after all.. Car and Classic - Gumtree - Freeadds - Friday Adds.to name a few.. Its all about numbers,
and consider eBay is the biggest shop in the world !! List on there as a classified..

[/url]June 13 (5) by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156857217@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]June 13 (10) by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156857217@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
Sponsored