squish71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange V6
tint

I have 18% on side and 5% on back, had no issues in San Diego, The Guys at Tint World on Miramar Rd do a great job
Sponsored

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
I have lighter tint on the front windows then the rear and no plate on the front.

I have my plate (Sto N Go) in my trunk and ready to pop on if I need to.

So far, having the car for 2 years, I have not had any trouble.

I'm in Socal, mostly IE Area.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Hi guys,
So how many of you guys totally disregard the nanny state bullshit and tint your car and remove the front plate?
San Diego too. Tinted. No front plate. Not a DD though. Tints they will never bother you. Front plates......maybe if a DD.
IMG_1464.jpg

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
$25 if you get the ticket signed off that you "fixed" it. Twice I went to the chp and they didn't even check the car and signed it. The other time I just double sided taped the plate on to get it signed off.
LOL

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
All this sounds great. It all depends on where you drive.

Tint all you want in Palm Springs or the desert, and they dont care.

Try this in LA, it wont fly. I had to tear the tint off in front of the CHP officer ( it was light tint and he usually doesnt come out, but now they do)

License plate needs to be fastened by screws, they didnt accept the velcro attachment.

Some areas are way more aggressive.

STAY OFF THE STRETCH OF 10 FREEWAY BETWEEN DOWNTOWN AND 405 is all I can say. I drive that everyday so I gave up trying to beat the system.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HeavyMetalMonk

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Thanks all! I checked out the stow and go thing and that looks like a cool option too. I'm definitely going to risk it with the tint. I hate not having it.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I got stopped once and the cop was saying I tried evading him and slapped me for everything he could find. Headers w/no cats, tint, no front license plate, and modified exhaust. Since then I never cared to retint my front window, but I still don't have a front license plate. This was close to 2 years ago when I got that ticket and I've never been pulled over again even though I still don't have front plates.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
No front plate on all my fun cars, for 40 years, in Cali. Probably just been lucky.....
35 side and back tint, never a problem. I have heard that parts of LA they get you for no front plate even parked...
In particular club and happening areas.

Beem302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
A CHP cop saw in his rear view mirror that I had no front plate and let me pass him so he could pull me over. Asked me to roll up my windows and gave me a ticket for tint too...I never bothered to re-tint since I drive with the windows down 99% of the time. For the front plate I got a removable bracket.

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
I live in LA. 5% tint and no front plate and registered in commiefornia. My old fox was completely illegal and only got pulled of for speeding, car also had 5% all the way around. Biggest issue you may have is CHP. They wont care military or not, barely care if you are also LEO. You have out of state plates? If so don't worry about the plate up front, keep it registered where it is. Moral of the story is don't be the biggest asshole driving on the road.

Sponsored

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
20% all around with no front plate. I’ve had many cops come up behind me and pass. Haven’t been pulled over yet.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
My friend got a ticket for tint (5) and plate on his bimmer.

I'm running 35 tint and no issues. I should have gone darker(5 or 15) but it is what it is

OP
OP
HeavyMetalMonk

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Thanks all, I appreciate the advice and experiences.

Anybody running headers? I'm thinking about headers and H-pipe on my 2018 with active exhaust. I'm thinking noise wise I should be ok since I can always tone it down with the active exhaust. Not sure about emissions though....

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
Are you running Cali plates? If so they will have to have a CARB number to show that it passes cali emission laws, which means you also need catalytic converters. If not when you finally have to smog you wont pass and will not be able to register, unless you can get a dirty smog of course. Cops don't really go after you out here unless you are driving like a total ass especially in L.A. since 90% of the time they have bigger shit to deal with.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
only CARB compliant headers for 2015-17 i know of are the JBA shorty's. not sure they work with 2018s but i would assume so.

i am still pondering the JBA's but not sure they perform any different than the stock exhaust manifolds.
Sponsored