Sponsored

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang for?

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
Hard to say. I guess like some others, pretty much until problems that the car has are no longer worth fixing. That being said, if I was looking to upgrade to a better sports car and needed the cash, I would sell without much remorse.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
On the fence about keeping it forever and turning it into a track car/weekend toy when I pick up something additional, or trading it in in a year or two and buying something stupid (AMG GTS)

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
Forever. Or at least until I can't drive anymore, then I will give it to one of my kids to drive me around! I still have my 87 5.0 LX I bought new and I don't plan to get rid of it either.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Definitely keeping the Mustang. I like this car too much to Let It Go.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
At least until the S650, I'm not a fan of the refresh and have put a lot of care into getting my car exactly how I want it.
noticed you are running 255/4518 Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+
how do you like them? I am trying to decide whether to go with a summer only tire maybe the michelin sport 2 or the AS..

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends on how the S650 appeals to me. If I don't like it then I'll slap a supercharger on my 16 GT and keep if for another 5-6 years.
Hye, saw your avatar....I have a 2016 DIB GT... was contemplating racing stripes.. where did you get yours done and can you send me a couple of full size pics?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This makes me kinda sad..
I bought my GT new in '15 and mildly modded it - it has been a great car with no issues at all.. I just bought a new "toy" and should probably sell my GT (who needs two car payments?!).. I just sat down and make a "For Sale" ad and almost started crying.. It's not the the money in up-grades that bothers me but now it's just such a great driver.. This is a real problem for me....just depressed..
Listen to your heart... it's telling you something....:headbang::headbang::ford::ford:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was getting kinda bored with mine. Kept it pretty much stock except a few minor mods for the past 2 years. Was thinking about trading for a 18 GT but hate trading cars and losing money. Starting over again with a new loan makes me sick. I always come back to a muscle car so there's no point in me selling it. I'll be back getting another one.

I just had the Ford racing PP2 installed and it's more fun to drive. Exhaust got too loud so I took off my Extremes and put back the stock exhaust. Hearing that GT350 C.A.I. sucking air is awesome. Installed the big mouth ram air a couple days ago. Looks great in the upper grille. Just ordered a cheap H pipe for a little more rumble until I get my long tubes and custom tune. Now I'm looking at new wheels to replace the boring 18" oem's. Gotta change/add things to keep your interest. Tailor it to your taste. I plan on keeping mine at least another 2 or 3 years or until the S650 comes out or life dictates a need for something different.
I am thinking about getting the Ford PP2 tune. I have the corsa sport cat back... did I understand you correctly that it increases the exhaust noise? If so, I will be happy as i didnt want the corsa extreme exhaust, went with the sport which is close to what I wanted but could use just a little more volume..

Sponsored

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
I put the PP2 on mine a few months ago and have the Solo Mach Thunder catback. It definitely increased the volume but I only noticed that increase on startup. Otherwise it seems the same volume after that. Maybe I'm going deaf::D

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I've attempted posting a reply to this thread many times thinking I've had a good answer, only to realize I really have zero clue. One part of me wants to get rid of it after the warranty expires (only 6k miles left) but then another part of me wants to keep it and start modding after that.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Until I can afford a Charger Scat Pack.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks