Sponsored

Hellion Twin Turbo vs. which supercharger?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
As time allows I've been starting to research adding power to my GT. I always say it, but it won't actually happen until all warranties run completely out so that I can change out whatever parts I want and I'm not losing protection I would have otherwise had and paid for.

Between super chargers, pro-chargers and turbos, the only one I've begun to steer away from is the pro-charger. I've read a bunch of complaints on them plus the numbers don't seem to compare to what some of the turbo and sc kits can do. For me personally, a supercharger could be done in my garage over a weekend instead of needing to pay a shop to do it.

It seems like the Hellion Twin Turbo kit can be cranked up the highest to produce the fastest results. Is there a supercharger kit that compares in regard to what can get to the wheels or does the Hellion have pretty much every other FACTORY kit beat and will be sitting on that throne for a while?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Wait. What? What about PC is bad again?

Turbos will always make more power because they don't have the parasitic loss of a SC. If you're looking to compare, you're looking at Blackbird, BoostWorks, or LPF twin kits.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
it all comes down to goals and preference. they will all get you 7-800whp. power delivery and install will be slightly different

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Boost Works or LPF. The others just dont compare for price/performance.

Procharger is great if you want boost on a budget and easy installation.

Sponsored

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As time allows I've been starting to research adding power to my GT. I always say it, but it won't actually happen until all warranties run completely out so that I can change out whatever parts I want and I'm not losing protection I would have otherwise had and paid for.

Between super chargers, pro-chargers and turbos, the only one I've begun to steer away from is the pro-charger. I've read a bunch of complaints on them plus the numbers don't seem to compare to what some of the turbo and sc kits can do. For me personally, a supercharger could be done in my garage over a weekend instead of needing to pay a shop to do it.

It seems like the Hellion Twin Turbo kit can be cranked up the highest to produce the fastest results. Is there a supercharger kit that compares in regard to what can get to the wheels or does the Hellion have pretty much every other FACTORY kit beat and will be sitting on that throne for a while?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Hello.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

We have been building bolt on stainless turbo kits continuously for over 14 years. Our bolt on kit can be outfitted to out perform any comparable product, and can be delivered within a reasonable time frame.

The largest difference between our turbo setup to the competition is the amount of average power that it makes. If you look closely to the array of dyno graphs out there, you will notice belt driven superchargers may show a nice peak hp number at peak RPM, but the power at say 4000 rpm is much lower. A turbo combination for instance will still have a large gain in HP from stock at those lower RPM levels-----right where the car needs it!!

A huge portion of our business are customers who are "underwhelmed" with their supercharger and are removing it to install our twin kit.

If a turbo is on your radar, we can definitely help!
Sponsored