Sponsored

Funny Mustang Stories

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
One day I took the Stang with a coworker to Starbucks, it had been a rough day at the office so we said "screw it" and let's go for coffee. We got there, grabbed our drinks and sat on a table to relax and vent a little. All of a sudden we realized it had been an our and we were still there, so we kind of rushed to the car. As we were approaching the car I "unlock" it with the remote, he quickly gets in on the passenger side as I open the driver's side door. To my surprise there is a dude in the car talking on his cell phone. All three of us go WTF??? It was not my car.

What is your story?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
my brother bought a GT350 and couldnt take delivery due to a recall. long story short he canceled the sale. Fast forward 6 months and I bought GT PP. He liked it so much he went out and bought the exact same car as me. Same color, same equipment package, performance package. Absolutely identical cars. Kinda pissed about it. Its not funny for me but thought it might be funny for you guys. Talk about needing exterior appearance mods.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I live in a relatively small town that doesn't see many V8 late model mustangs.

When the S550's released, everybody would stop me at red lights or parking lots and ask if my 2012 was a brand new one, probably because of the mods on the car.

Some guy actually jumped out of his car at a red light and recorded a video while saying "this is the new mustang!". I rolled my window down and told him it was a 2012 and he looked so confused I couldn't help but laugh. To this day, I very rarely see any 5.0's on the road, it's mostly V6 convertibles and ecoboosts.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
This is why I have grabber blue. The rarest color.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
This is why I have grabber blue. The rarest color.
Yes, because the wrong color definitely confuses people about the year of your car. :rolleyes:

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This one time at Mustang Camp.....

Sponsored

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
my brother bought a GT350 and couldnt take delivery due to a recall. long story short he canceled the sale. Fast forward 6 months and I bought GT PP. He liked it so much he went out and bought the exact same car as me. Same color, same equipment package, performance package. Absolutely identical cars. Kinda pissed about it. Its not funny for me but thought it might be funny for you guys. Talk about needing exterior appearance mods.
Almost the same thing happened to me with my 87 LX 5.0. I bought it 30 years ago, and my sister and her husband came over to visit several weeks later. Took him for a drive, and he was so impressed, he traded his new Chevy truck for a 5.0 LX also. Same color, but at least his had a grey interior while mine was red. He traded it a couple of years later, but I still have mine.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yes, because the wrong color definitely confuses people about the year of your car. :rolleyes:
No I mean OP getting in another person's Mustang.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
Years ago when I had my full bolt on 05 GT.

I saw a guy in traffic one day who wanted me to rev it up and was asking questions at the light. Gave a thumbs up and drove off.
2 days later I went to meet a friend at his buddy's house and rool up to see the same guy I just saw in traffic. He opens the garage and there sits a gorgeous Sonic Blue Terminator.

Not funny really, but I was 18 and it was cool

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I was on my way to work in Baltimore one morning and stopped at a red light.
A woman gets out of the car behind me and comes up to my window along the sidewalk (this is a one way street, waiting to turn left). She says "My husband really loves your car and would like you to rev it for him".

I oblige and he honked in approval. I felt a mixture of embarrassment and laughter.

Another 'funny' story - I took my car in for service, and for shits and giggles checked my dashcam after getting it back. The cam caught two service techs discussing taking my car out and 'blowing it up', until one of them notices and points out the cam to the other. Funny!
Sponsored