PP wheels on Base GT Rubbing

kyle009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red GT / 2015 comp orange EB
Hey guys i just picked up a set of PP wheels for my base GT. the fronts are rubbing against the strut from what i can tell. what size spacer would you recommend to fix this. thanks
Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Are you sure you have the wider 9.5 in the rear and not the front? Just making sure you know that the fronts are 9in wide, and the rears are 9.5. The 9.5's won't clear without spacers up front, but they should be in the rear if you have a complete OEM set.

Check the inside of the wheel spokes to find out the width.

OP
OP

kyle009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
yea i have the 9s up front. it only rubs when my wheel is turned all the way to either side

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Turning your wheel shouldn't affect rubbing on the strut.

OP
OP

kyle009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
Turning your wheel shouldn't affect rubbing on the strut.
that is wierd. for some reason when i crank the wheel to the right or left and start driving the car kind of hops. i just assumed this was rubbing. any ideas on what this could be

Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Hops? I have no clue what you're talking about now. From a stop, with the wheel all the way turned, and then you try and drive off?

OP
OP

kyle009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
Hops? I have no clue what you're talking about now. From a stop, with the wheel all the way turned, and then you try and drive off?
yea i noticed this morning when i was reversing out of my driveway. when i had the wheel all the way turned and began reversing slowly./ when i started moving it felt like the car was hopping up front. i dont realy know how else to describe it. i had my brother reverse the car doing the same thing while i watched and it looked like the car was going over a bump despite the road being completely flat. the sound it made was also very similar to a hydraulic lift clicking as it passes over each groove. now if the wheel is not cranked all the way there are absolutely no issues with the car so i have no idea what this is

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
How cold is it there I see your in Toronto . If the wheels have the PZERO summer tires on them they don't like temps below 40 and can cause some problems. Mine will make a slight poping noise n I can feel it in the steering wheel and suspension . In warm weather all is fine.

OP
OP

kyle009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
How cold is it there I see your in Toronto . If the wheels have the PZERO summer tires on them they don't like temps below 40 and can cause some problems. Mine will make a slight poping noise n I can feel it in the steering wheel and suspension . In warm weather all is fine.
its -4C in Toronto right now, maybe that is the issue. could this be wheel hop?

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ive had the pzero hop on me when it was very cold, it didnt grip and sort of skipped/skidded on the driveway. I was at full lock backing down a hill.

Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No just a reaction in the soft compound of the tire . Continental says not to run the tires below 40 . So does ford. I live in Virginia it's not been bad here usually it will do it once or twice until the tires are warmed up . Then it's fine unless I park it n let it sit for a hour or two then it will do it again . Also in cold weather those tires are pretty greasy feeling on the road.

Loic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Sylver
its -4C in Toronto right now, maybe that is the issue. could this be wheel hop?
This is not wheel hop.
But the tires with such cold temperature don't stick and kind of 'jump' / they stick and loose traction.

You would notice that with cold weather, even like somewhere arount 10C (around 50F) you may experience that.
It did that to me here in Houston Texas so I can't imagine in Toronto...

That's not rubbing, just tires breaking lose and "jumping" cause the car is pushing straight while your front tires can't go straight.
You should also feel a kind of "clong" in the steering wheel when it happens.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I lived where you did I have 2 sets of tires n rims Summer n Winter .

OP
OP

kyle009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
This is not wheel hop.
But the tires with such cold temperature don't stick and kind of 'jump' / they stick and loose traction.

You would notice that with cold weather, even like somewhere arount 10C (around 50F) you may experience that.
It did that to me here in Houston Texas so I can't imagine in Toronto...

That's not rubbing, just tires breaking lose and "jumping" cause the car is pushing straight while your front tires can't go straight.
You should also feel a kind of "clong" in the steering wheel when it happens.
great thanks. temps were up arround 15C yesterday so i threw on the summers today temps dropped to -4 so i guess theres nothing to worry about thanks!

OP
OP

kyle009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
If I lived where you did I have 2 sets of tires n rims Summer n Winter .
i do ill throw my winters back on if thats the only issue! thanks
Sponsored