Sponsored

My work parking lot sucks

duhameister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT- 50 Year
I came out of work to this today, not happy. This car has never even seen the rain and gets stored in the winter, so pissed. Although, I think I'm more pissed that people don't man-up to their doings. This is the second car in a month that has been hit it my parking lot at my work,. And, there's not a lot of people in and out of the parking lot, so 99% it's some A-hole that I work with.
IMG_20160908_165021159.jpg
Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I came out of work to this today, not happy. This car has never even seen the rain and gets stored in the winter, so pissed. Although, I think I'm more pissed that people don't man-up to their doings. This is the second car in a month that has been hit it my parking lot at my work,. And, there's not a lot of people in and out of the parking lot, so 99% it's some A-hole that I work with.
That's not the end of the world but a really deep scar. Jeez... had to be some big pickup or something to take off a piece over the lights. I share your outrage.

[ame]

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
How could that isolated area possibly be a hit from another vehicle? Or is there other damage (bumper/fender) you are not showing?

Looks to me more like human inflicted damage, which is probably even worse.

trbstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
87 5.0 LX, 16 PP GT Premium
I feel your pain. That is why I park on the roof away from everyone unless I get an ideal spot in the covered garage. A dash cam with a motion detector that records whenever something is in range would have been very useful in this situation. Good luck getting it fixed!

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang (project car)
Both of my mustangs were damaged in the work parking lot (it's a public lot). With my 2000 I was parked in a corner spot and it looked like someone kicked the heck out of the fender, could not even open my door. Luckily it was a blessing in disguise because I already had an unrepairable dent in that fender and insurance covered a brand new fender and I only had to pay $40.

My 2015 looked like someone hit the fender and dragged their car down the side of the door, insurance paid a good chunk but I still had to pay $200 out of pocket. Repair was excellent though looks like a new car again.

I was going to invest in a dash cam but luckily I won't have to park in this lot anymore after next month. Maybe that would be a good option for you if you feel like it will happen again

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I've no idea where you work but many companies have security cameras these days. Does your's?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I was going to invest in a dash cam but luckily I won't have to park in this lot anymore after next month. Maybe that would be a good option for you if you feel like it will happen again
I'd still get a dash cam - good piece of mind. If not this parking lot it will be the next one. Or an actual in vehicle accident or whatever.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
my work parking lot has both nice cars and junkers. Junkers love to park extra close to nice cars. Just today I had an old 4x4 Tahoe in desperate need of a paint job, park within inches of my front bumper, the steel tow hooks menacing my perfect paint. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo.

And if that's not enough, lawn care is drawn to any cars with new paint. All new cars parked anywhere near grass get sand blasted with dirt and gravel by 25hp riding mowers and leaf blowers on a weekly basis. And just last week my front bumper got sprayed with weed and feed.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Happened to me last week. No note. Sorry about this :-(

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^^^All of the above is EXACTLY why I dont drive mine to work, thats what my Tacoma is for....

Sponsored

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
That is exactly why I am looking into a dash cam for my pony.. Sorry you had to be a victim.. Just not fair ...

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
We have some single lane style parking spots at my work, separate from the diagonal side-by-side style spots. All the nice cars at work take those. It's such a relief knowing I'm parked with other people who like their cars, and want to avoid dents and dings. No overhead trees to drop branches or acorns or bird shit.

The people who park in those side by side angle spots, are rarely ever in between their lines. It's ridiculous to see how badly they can fuck up just pulling in between some lines.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I agree with everyone saying to park out in the middle of nowhere where there are no cars or only nice cars. I have always done this at work and while I have to walk a really long way in the rain or heat it is completely worth it to avoid stuff like that damage OP. When I first show up there are usually no other cars out there, but when I leave 8 hours later a dozen or so sportscars and nice trucks are all around me. It's nice knowing we are sticking together to avoid morons.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I got a DD because my work parking lot is dirt and small rocks. Paint was getting horrible and I picked up 3 screws/nails/chunks of metal in 3 different tires.
Sponsored