Sponsored

Air Conditioner Issues

bmclaurin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350
Add another one to the list. Intermittently works (but mostly doesn’t and just blows uncooled air with the fan). Heading to dealer on Monday. 8k miles.
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I'm pretty certain Ford is having this issue in all their vehicles, not just Mustangs. This and a number of other chronic issues across their lineup are probably seriously hurting their bottom line. Possibly one of the reasons for a new CEO and the price increases for extended warranties, parts and new 2018 models.
Then there's the pending litigation for the no cooler cars. Any wonder customer care folks disappeared from all the forums. Just boggles the mind they can have an issue go three model years without a good fix.

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Add me to the list. Dash comes off today
- AC Failure
- Great I guess i have to live with this one: TSB -16-0085 SOME 2015 AND 2016 MUSTANG VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 5.2L TWIN INDEPENDENT VARIABLE CAMSHAFT TIMING (TI-VCT) ENGINE AND BUILT ON OR BEFORE 2/26/2016 MAY EXHIBIT AN INTERMITTENT ILLUMINATED MIL WITH DTCS P0720 AND P0722 PRESENT.
- Breaks sounds like a stuck pig.

For every cool look I get, I also get what the hell is that noise :)

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Mine started blowing hot air during the heat wave. Dealer said refrigerant was low. A couple weeks after refilling, it went out again when it got hot. This time, they replaced the compressor. So far, so good, but it hasn't gotten really hot again yet.:kickrock:

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Mine started blowing hot air during the heat wave. Dealer said refrigerant was low. A couple weeks after refilling, it went out again when it got hot. This time, they replaced the compressor. So far, so good, but it hasn't gotten really hot again yet.:kickrock:
it will be exciting when it goes back again for the root of the problem..

OurMustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Trouble with AC before warranty expire, but failed totally after waranty

Our AC was giving my daughter's car issues early on and was taken in twice to have it looked at and the could replicate the problem. Well, it finally gave out at 37k miles. Sunrise Ford in So. CA thought they could fix it under warranty because we had it in twice with the problem before it expire and was logged since it worked for them and couldn't find the issue. Needless to say, they fixed the car thinking Ford would cover it. Then it got rejected as a warranty claim. They held the car hostage until we put out of pocket $1,200 for the repair. I have had the worst luck with Ford also own a Platinum F150. I am still looking to talk to a factory rep on the Mustang warranty AC issue.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
This is a widespread defect. Just search this Forum.

I just spoke to a different Ford dealer today who said he has 10 S550 Mustangs waiting in line this week for evap core replacements.

I've had the evaporator assembly replaced TWICE under warranty and it's showing signs of core leakage, again.

If you count the defective OEM, this would be the FOURTH evaporator installed in my 16 GT350 with 10,000 miles!!

What's most concerning to me us is that the last part that is failing now Part "W" is the latest revision and it's bound to fail again.

I still have one year left on the warranty but frankly I will be looking to have Ford buy it back and I have good law in my neck of the woods (and my law firm) to put up a fight.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I just had my A/C go out on my '16 GT350 too.

I was surprised by how much of the interior was removed in order to swap out the evaporator core. They removed the dash, center counsole, A pillar trim and part of the floor trim too.

I'm just glad they put it all back together flawlessly and the car is good as new.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
A/C out

Another one here. A/C just went out, 10,000 miles. Interestingly the passenger side blows cold, driver's side does not (both zones set to Low). Had a few 80 deg days recently so just started using it again. At idle can tell something is wrong too as loud compressor.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Mine went out today too, for the 2nd time.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
+1
About a week ago I started hearing a sound kind of like RF interference on a radio, only it didn't stop with the radio off. Seems the AC compressor is going south, taking it in next to get it looked at ... '17 with 2980 miles.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
They replaced three A/C hoses that were all leaking.

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Seems like this should lead to a recall, however, there are so many reasons the A/Cs are failing. Hoses, compressors, coils......
Sponsored