Sponsored

Gap between headlight and front bumper?

MustangNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt and 2017 Shelby GT350
Just picked up a new 2017 magnetic. Absolutely love the car but I am shocked with the fit and finish of the exterior. One thing I noticed (of course after I got home and took delivery of the car) was that the driver side headlight has a large gap between the headlight and bumper which is visible around the whole headlight. The passenger side has it also but not as bad. Does anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
show pic, mine was tight gap, I scraped over a parking slab and i made the gap wider

N9TMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550, e36 m3 , s2000
You are not the only one complain about that.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Had a new 2016 and now a new 2017 and both had the same thing. Theres a new 2017 on dealership showroom floor and it has it to.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Please search the forum. There are a variety of threads discussing fit and finish. This has been discussed at length. You will probably go crazy if you read them all and then look for them on your car LOL

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
old news and you should have identified the issues with the dealer before taking delivery.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Just wait until the rear bumper gap starts to appear.

It's best to do most of the critiquing from the driver's seat (while over 4000 RPM). Makes it easier to live with all the other quirks.

-T

OP
OP

MustangNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt and 2017 Shelby GT350
Just wait until the rear bumper gap starts to appear.

It's best to do most of the critiquing from the driver's seat (while over 4000 RPM). Makes it easier to live with all the other quirks.

-T
I already have the slight rear bumper gap on the passenger side where you can see the tab a little. I am coming to the conclusion that I will just have to put up with all these exterior flaws :( as much I love this car and how it drives I'm not sure I would spend this kind of money in the future on a car with so many body issues. I had a 2015 gt that also had these body panel issues but the Shelby is actually worse. I expected the Shelby to not have these issues given that it was more of a premium vehicle but I was proved wrong.

kubovo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt 2019 DHG #1865 / Skoda KODIAQ / Honda HRV
Just picked up a new 2017 magnetic. Absolutely love the car but I am shocked with the fit and finish of the exterior. One thing I noticed (of course after I got home and took delivery of the car) was that the driver side headlight has a large gap between the headlight and bumper which is visible around the whole headlight. The passenger side has it also but not as bad. Does anyone else have this issue?
Hi.
I have noticed the same thing just today. I have my car 3 months now driver's headlight has visible 4mm gap while passenger's headlight is perfectly flushed with bumper ... I had no accident, all parts are in a perfect condition, not even slightly scratched.. all parts are tightened and this just looks like it was always there. Shit! ‍♂
Sponsored