Spoted a MULE on my vacation.

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTP PP in CO / 08 CTS / 00 C-SVT
So I have been keeping up with the 2015 mustang redesign since I was rear ended at a stop light and lost my Beloved C-SVT. I soon after started looking into replacing it with a mustang. I decided to zip in and sit back and wait the long haul. Tread my way through all the spy shots and waiting around for every little scrap of new info and speculation.

So, I knew I would be going back up to my old hometown in Michigan and I had this little thought in the back of my head that it would be awesome to catch a mule or something while I was up there. On my last day as I was leaving Michigan traveling down 275 I spotted a mustang with a senor on the top. I knew I had lucked out. So I grabbed my phone and snapped a few pics for novelty. It was the gray one the we had seen 1000 times all over the net and was with nothing special but still thought it was very cool to see it in person.

Later that day I decided to look at them again and I noticed something about the mule that I have never seen before in any other spy shots. I will post the two angles below the give the best look. It is not much, But I think it will allow us to pull a true body line out.

Gas Cap 1.jpg

Gas Cap 2.jpg
Gas Cap 1.jpg
Gas Cap 2.jpg
Sponsored

Mriley

Good camera sniping SilverSpoon!

When did you take these pics?

I can't say for sure the gas cap and lines look the same as the other spy pics we've seen? :shrug:

crazyfastfreddy

attachment.jpg

Lol dude sure seems to be enjoying himself in that mule arm out the window and all. U guys think the are still testing anything with these mules?

OP
OP

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Good camera sniping SilverSpoon!

When did you take these pics?

I can't say for sure the gas cap and lines look the same as the other spy pics we've seen? :shrug:

7-26-13, This Friday around 11 AM. He drove to the Ohio Border then exited.

Sponsored

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Already more advanced prototypes out there and it's not unusual to see mules still driving around. Whether or not they're still testing anything new on it I would doubt it.

This one still has the same exhaust cutouts/sensors. Look to be some pretty big wheels on them too.

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
shoulda caught up to see if this mule has upgraded interior. Probably not since the window is down, hes so casual it seems like he is on a road trip.

Anyway the protruding gas cap hopefully means that the rear hips will be stretched outward. :D

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Not sure what that render has to do with this thread but ok....

7-26-13, This Friday around 11 PM. He drove to the Ohio Border then exited.
You mean 11AM? unless you live in Alaska :)

shoulda caught up to see if this mule has upgraded interior. Probably not since the window is down, hes so casual it seems like he is on a road trip.

Anyway the protruding gas cap hopefully means that the rear hips will be stretched outward. :D
Like the other mules i'm sure it's just some crazy mix of stripped out and slapped together parts bin components in there. No reason to put the real interior on a mule whose own body doesn't match its underpinnings.

Mriley

Well, that looks sweet and all but that gas cap obviously does not coincide with this rear fender.
Agreed. The gas cap of the mules suggests the roofline and rear deck is much taller than that. The wheels/rear fender in the render are much too close to the roof. It won't nearly be as sleek as this.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
The interior was the the same as all the other grey mules we have seen. The first major thing I noticed was how much lower and wider it seemed in person compared to the current model and what the pictures showed. I know this was a V6 model but as I passed it and looked back in the mirror the front just seemed so much lower looking then the current model and the tires gave it a much wider more aggressive looking stance. I tried to get pictures but they just didn't translate to what the eye can pic up in person.

StangFX

Yea the way the wheels/track looks in this mule, it reminds me of that one we saw on the lift.... i'll look for it.

Wheels look bigger (or did they drop the suspension a bit?) and a few inches wider too. That's prolly why you said it had a more aggressive stance/

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nope......the one on the ramp is different. It's a 5.0......different wheels, fender badges, rear gas cap :)
Sponsored