Sponsored

Questions regarding the stock rear bumper valance and bumper (Hit a tire today :()

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Hey guys,

Just finished having the rest of my modifications installed this evening. On my way home tonight, I hopped on the interstate and as I was merging into traffic a stupid freaking tire was in the way and I ran over it.

I contacted my performance shop just to let them know about my left fog light not working -- I just swapped to a Roush Fascia Kit and figured it may have contributed to it. However, after inspecting why the reverse LED doesn't work, I noticed that it could be from the actual tire on the interstate. My LED bulb is just rolling around in the back light and disconnected from the connector. The rear bumper balance is also pretty loose. No exterior damage thankfully.

Questions for you guys:

1. Is it easy to take out this reverse light cover (not the actual bulb), so that I can tilt it forward and get the damn bulb that's rocking back and forth out of it?
  2. Are there any guides, etc. for removing the bumper? (EDIT: Found a youtube link for this, but I'm guessing accessing the roush fog lights to disconnect them would be much more difficult than it is with the stock bumper)
  3. Is the rear valance pretty flimsy, or did the tire that I hit today f that up too? If it's from the tire, is that valance hard to replace or tighten back up?
I'm extremely limited in tools and knowledge, but following directions of course is very simple for me. I have an uncle that *may* have the necessary tools for the bumper removal. I'm gonna let the shop know tomorrow that I figured out the cause, but after all the mods I just had completed, there's really not any room for labor on repairing right now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited: