Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
So ive seen the blank rear trunk lids on CJponyparts like this:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-taillight-panel-molding-gloss-black-2015/p/M16600M/

But can you just somehow removed the "GT" emblem off the back or does it have guide holes like the 5.0 emblems? It would be silly to pay $139 if u can just remove the emblem. Anyone tried? Thanks. :ford:
The guide pins are actually molded/melted into the guide holes. I'm staring directly at a GT declid panel as I type this. I think any of the decklids with emblems on them are the same - molded/melted into the guide holes.

I think someone on the forum posted a video where he actually dremeled/cut out the GT emblem, but there were holes left in the deck lid. In the video, he said he left it like that, but I don't know what his current status is.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I just plasti dipped mine. The two screws on each side that hold the deck lid are designed so poorly. Super easy to over tighten them and make them worthless.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I planned on wrapping mine matte black, so I might just try and see what happens. even if there are hole it doesn't seem like it would matter if its wrapped. any thoughts? Although im not sure all that work is worth $139 lol.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
its only 100 from levits ford or whatever the name is. they're a sponsor here.
Sponsored