Sponsored

Little OT to chill out while we're waiting... where do you go on vacation?

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
  • Banned
I see many people are (and will be) getting frustrated because of the deliveries, so I was thinking about a little off topic that might bring other thoughts...

Where do you guys go on vacation this summer?

Sorry for posting it in the EU section, I was thinking it would be fun to see how we go to each others countries and maybe we can exchange some tips and what not... If that's a stupid idea, just kill me with fire, please :D

I am going by car to Italy, to some less visited part like Tuscia or Abruzzo. We might also decide to fly to Calabria, not sure yet. We are looking for not so crowded natural beaches, somewhere where not many tourists come, nature, small villages... If any of the Italian members have any tips, you are more than welcome. :)
Sponsored

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Bearing in mind that I will have to stop my holidays to come back to the dealer in order to pick up my Pony, at any place not far away from Madrid...:frusty:...

PS. :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Going to Flat Rock...with a tent :paddle:

:ford:

SeaPadders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
I'm doing lots of weekend breaks over the summer across the UK as opposed to one big holiday abroad. The aim is to make it feel like I've done more, but it might end up being pretty costly.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm in vacation just now.. In the USA!
It's a torture seeing so many Mustangs on street (and many many camaro and some challenger) and you really can identify it far far away thanks to the front led tribar! Many drives with headlights off so only the tribar is on... It is beautiful!
I really would love to have in Italy so many great cars and trucks.. Dodge has some very 'american' model like the charger or the huge RAM!! Then the ford f150 in many variants, and many others!
When I'm back I will post some photos :-)
Oh, I'm touring the south west national parks, so I already visited California and Arizona, now I'm in Utah and by the end of the week I will be in Nevada (Las Vegas baby!) And then in California again.

@smidra: I would help you, but I'm not a fan of beach vacation. However you could go in Puglia, it's like a new discover, or in Tuscany (my beautiful region!) But sure in Calabria you will find the best sea and maybe not too much crowd.

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
If any of the Italian members have any tips, you are more than welcome. :)
I live in Tuscany and there are lots of beautiful places, cities and towns to visit. I would suggest a tour in Tuscany and Umbria :)))

EDIT: oh, you love beaches I see! As Papinist (and though I live in a sea town) I am not an expert of beach vacations so I would provide poor suggestions!

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
Where do you guys go on vacation this summer?
I have just come back from Scotland, so I will just stay a while in my country house, relaxing and... waiting for the Pony!!!

OP
OP
smidra

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Bearing in mind that I will have to stop my holidays to come back to the dealer in order to pick up my Pony, at any place not far away from Madrid...:frusty:...

PS. :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
LOL :D Just leave it at your dealers till you return, that's what I plan to do...

Going to Flat Rock...with a tent :paddle:
:D :D :D

I'm doing lots of weekend breaks over the summer across the UK as opposed to one big holiday abroad. The aim is to make it feel like I've done more, but it might end up being pretty costly.
That's a great way, I like it! I'm also trying to do a lot's of Friday-Sunday trips. I agree it might be pretty costly, but it's worth it I guess.

@smidra: I would help you, but I'm not a fan of beach vacation. However you could go in Puglia, it's like a new discover, or in Tuscany (my beautiful region!) But sure in Calabria you will find the best sea and maybe not too much crowd.
I live in Tuscany and there are lots of beautiful places, cities and towns to visit. I would suggest a tour in Tuscany and Umbria :)))

EDIT: oh, you love beaches I see! As Papinist (and though I live in a sea town) I am not an expert of beach vacations so I would provide poor suggestions!
I have not made myself clear, sorry guys. I do want to visit some beaches, but in general we like to see things, cities, nature, interesting places, it has to be local, not made for mass tourism. We will be there for about 2 weeks and we will spend 2 or 3 days by the see I guess. I hate all the umbrellas and hotel beaches crowded with millions of people, so I was wondering if there might be something a bit quiet. :)

Thanks for the tips guys! We were in Tuscany 2 years ago and we loved it. We only passed through Umbria. I hear it's very nice and with not so many tourists there...

I have just come back from Scotland, so I will just stay a while in my country house, relaxing and... waiting for the Pony!!!
I absolutely understand :D If I had a country house in Italy, I would stay there as well :D

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
Well as being an American stationed in Germany I just returned from a 7 day trip to Italy. First day we stopped in Lake Como for the night it was actually pretty nice and I enjoyed the beautiful scenes around the lake. We then drove through Milan down to Rome for 3 nights. I'd have to say the worst traffic during my whole trip was in Milan. We drove down through Tuscany to Modena and down to Rome. Beautiful driving trip through the mountains. Spent 1 day at Vatican City then the other at the colosseum and the Roman Forum. After Rome we drove to Pompei to see the ancient city. It was nice and luckily we got there on the day it was free to enter. Big tourist trap down there but enjoyed it none the less. We just wanted to get a peak at the Mediterranean near Pompei and drove to Castellammare di stabia. I'd have to say that's not the nicest place to visit and looked pretty run down. Once we stayed the night in Pompei we drove to Tirrenia near Pisa. It was a Monday so the crowds weren't bad and enjoyed a day at the beach. Next day we drove into Pisa and saw the leaning tower and then drove back to Lake Como for the night. Then back through Switzerland the next day and back home to Germany. I have just a few complaints about Italy. Cost of the Autostrada is pretty ridiculous compared to the quality of the road your driving on. I paid about 120 euro total to Pompei and back. Another gripe is in southern Italy it doesn't seem like anyone can stay in their lane when driving. Even with no other cars around they seem to drift in and out of their lanes like they aren't paying attention at all to their driving at all. One last complaint is the roads when off the autostrada are most of the time terrible. They haven't been fixed in years in some parts and I was worried my suspension would need an alignment after returning. Besides that I had a great time and enjoyed my trip. Just wish restaurants open before 7pm since I eat around 5pm.

Sponsored

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
Well as being an American stationed in Germany I just returned from a 7 day trip to Italy. First day we stopped in Lake Como for the night it was actually pretty nice and I enjoyed the beautiful scenes around the lake. We then drove through Milan down to Rome for 3 nights. I'd have to say the worst traffic during my whole trip was in Milan. We drove down through Tuscany to Modena and down to Rome. Beautiful driving trip through the mountains. Spent 1 day at Vatican City then the other at the colosseum and the Roman Forum. After Rome we drove to Pompei to see the ancient city. It was nice and luckily we got there on the day it was free to enter. Big tourist trap down there but enjoyed it none the less. We just wanted to get a peak at the Mediterranean near Pompei and drove to Castellammare di stabia. I'd have to say that's not the nicest place to visit and looked pretty run down. Once we stayed the night in Pompei we drove to Tirrenia near Pisa. It was a Monday so the crowds weren't bad and enjoyed a day at the beach. Next day we drove into Pisa and saw the leaning tower and then drove back to Lake Como for the night. Then back through Switzerland the next day and back home to Germany. I have just a few complaints about Italy. Cost of the Autostrada is pretty ridiculous compared to the quality of the road your driving on. I paid about 120 euro total to Pompei and back. Another gripe is in southern Italy it doesn't seem like anyone can stay in their lane when driving. Even with no other cars around they seem to drift in and out of their lanes like they aren't paying attention at all to their driving at all. One last complaint is the roads when off the autostrada are most of the time terrible. They haven't been fixed in years in some parts and I was worried my suspension would need an alignment after returning. Besides that I had a great time and enjoyed my trip. Just wish restaurants open before 7pm since I eat around 5pm.
Ahaha! I would have complained more about Italy: I suspect you have been too kind! I have never been south of Rome just not to get angry on the road! You are totally right: our roads are terrible, even the ones you pay for: I have visited Scotland and never paid a cent for an highway and the smaller road of the smallest village is much better than the majority of our roads... I begin to think that this may be true for all the european countries but Italy!

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
LOL :D Just leave it at your dealers till you return, that's what I plan to do...

:D :D :D

I fully understand you, after all, you must pick it up at Zimbabwe. Hope your dealer Mugabe takes care of your beloved Pony too... :D

Cheers!:cheers:

OP
OP
smidra

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! You did the trip in a Mustang? What about the narrow Italian streets? Any problems in the cities?

Apart from that I agree, the Italian highway costs quite a bit more than what it has to offer. On the other hand, almost all countries have paid highways now, Germany coming next year I think.

I was at first crazy about the Italian way of driving, but then I let go and just enjoyed it. In the very south nobody stops at stop signs, people run red lights (they call it rosso pallido I think). Even here in Czech when someone runs an "early" red light they say "rosso fresco". I don't know if the itallians say it this way as well :D But overall if you just let go it somehow works. Some people are crazy and funny, but not plain stupid and aggressive like it is in Czech for example. I like the Italian way :D

OP
OP
smidra

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I fully understand you, after all, you must pick it up at Zimbabwe. Hope your dealer Mugabe takes care of your beloved Pony too... :D

Cheers!:cheers:
LOL :D I almost forgot! :D :D :D

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
Well, after all it seems in all our countries we will have to teach how to drive on our brand new Stangs!
Sponsored