Sponsored

Rear bumper TSB disaster

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've owned my GT350 for almost two months. I took the car to one of highest rated Ford dealers in my area(Tom Masano Ford). this dealer ordered the parts no questions asked and had plenty of good reviews for the dealer and auto body. This is also a well know dealer group in the eastern PA area and my family has purchased a few cars from other dealers in this groupe without ever having a problem.

I dropped my car off tuesday the 29th for the rear bumper TSB and they didn't have the vehicle finished until this morning the 30th.

Upon looking over my car the rear bumper is now fitting worse than it was before. both sides stick out farther than the quarter panels. the right side now has a huge gap and the bumper sticks up higher than the tail light.

Now for the worst part. the right quarter panel has two dime sized dents from these fucking assholes. almost like they used a crowbar.

Now it gets even better. I get in the car and the passenger seat is covered in cinnamon sugar from a donut or some shit.

I spoke with the service manager and told him how displeased I am. I have a claim against them and there going to pay for the auto body of my choice to fix the damage.

If these dents can't be fixed with paintless dent repair im going to need to get the whole quarter panel resprayed.

Just writing this has me pissed off! If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Update 1:

I Spoke with the Body shop manager yesterday and he couldn't understand why the car never made it to his department. I have to meet with him on Tuesday to discuses how were going to fix this situation. Hopefully it will just be a paint less dent repair.

The body shop manager has a history of restoring old Shelby's and owns multiple Shelby cars. He seems very knowledgeable and was much more understand of the situation than the previous people I spoke to.

Update 2:

The body shop manager for the dealer group is the real MVP and also Shelby enthusiast as well! (Owns a 2008 GT500.) The dents were able to be fixed with paintless dent repair in about 30 minutes.

He's also ordering another TSB kit so in about two weeks we'll try and get this bumper lined up again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've owned my GT350 for almost two months. I took the car to one of highest rated Ford dealers in my area(Tom Masano Ford). this dealer ordered the parts no questions asked and had plenty of good reviews for the dealer and auto body. This is also a well know dealer group in the eastern PA area and my family has purchased a few cars from other dealers in this groupe without ever having a problem.

I dropped my car off tuesday the 29th for the rear bumper TSB and they didn't have the vehicle finished until this morning the 30th.

Upon looking over my car the rear bumper is now fitting worse than it was before. both sides stick out farther than the quarter panels. the right side now has a huge gap and the bumper sticks up higher than the tail light.

Now for the worst part. the right quarter panel has two dime sized dents from these fucking assholes. almost like they used a crowbar.

Now it gets even better. I get in the car and the passenger seat is covered in cinnamon sugar from a donut or some shit.

I spoke with the service manager and told him how displeased I am. I have a claim against them and there going to pay for the auto body of my choice to fix the damage.

If these dents can't be fixed with paintless dent repair im going to need to get the whole quarter panel resprayed.

Just writing this has me pissed off! If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.
Sorry to hear that. It looks like you've done all you can. The modifications listed in the TSB are to trim and cut certain pieces and areas, so if it doesn't line up still, and they did everything correct, it's possible you might have to get a new bumper.

OP
OP
No_step_on_snek

No_step_on_snek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The Dents are in picture 2 and 3 but its hard to see in this light. Ill try and get better pictures tomorrow.

unnamed_zpsnp2bwtqo.jpg
"]
unnamed_zpsnp2bwtqo.jpg
[/URL]

IMG-0296_zpst5inrwqb.jpg
"]285030[/ATTACH]"] IMG-0295_zpsys3rubmg.jpg

0296_zpst5inrwqb.jpg.html]
IMG-0296_zpst5inrwqb.jpg
[/URL][/URL]

Update 1:

I Spoke with the Body shop manager yesterday and he couldn't understand why the car never made it to his department. I have to meet with him on Tuesday to discuses how were going to fix this situation. Hopefully it will just be a paint less dent repair.

The body shop manager has a history of restoring old Shelby's and owns multiple Shelby cars. He seems very knowledgeable and was much more understand of the situation than the previous people I spoke to.

econd Update:

The body shop manager for the dealer group is the real MVP and also Shelby enthusiast as well! (Owns a 2008 GT500.) The dents were able to be fixed with paintless dent repair in about 30 minutes.

He's also ordering another TSB kit so in about two weeks we'll try and get this bumper lined up again.

Attachments

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Ugh... and that’s magnetic too. Dings show so easy on magnetic. Sorry bro.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Damn, just when I thought I had heard it all. There are just way too many toxic Ford stores. Period. Mine went back one time, for the oil line recall, and I was on them like stink on sh**. Drove it straight home, pulled the front tire and belly pan, and checked their work like the OCD asshole that I am.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Damn, just when I thought I had heard it all. There are just way too many toxic Ford stores. Period. Mine went back one time, for the oil line recall, and I was on them like stink on sh**. Drove it straight home, pulled the front tire and belly pan, and checked their work like the OCD asshole that I am.
Bingo!... don’t forget the ominous “joy drive”.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
It's not just Ford. Last week a buddy had his Vette at the dealer for a repair. (yes, I admit to being friends with a Vette owner and yes, that thing needs a lot of work) Anyhow, the dealer called to say his car was ready, but..... The "lot boy" backed it into another car. Scraped and gouged the left rear quarter. They will have it fixed at a body shop (of their choice). No charge to my pal, but he also has no say in who does the work.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Fuck man. Wish you would’ve waited a couple days. Just dropped mine off to get the AC fixed this morning. #nightmares

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I knew it been saying after seeing and reading how TSB on bumper gap is done that theirs just to many things to go wrong when your cutting on tab, rivets, screws, etc. when Ford should have just made a totally different bracket that would pull it up tight. And they only allow pay for 1.7 hrs. to do it. Most body shops would most likely not be able to get it corrected right either. Sad! I'll leave my gap alone.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Had mine done last week. No change in the gap, but the effort to lift the bumper to close the gap is greater, which I hope means the gap won't grow. I was really bummed when I picked it up, but not surprised at the results. Dealer did a great job not damaging the bumper.