Bumper Gap TSB from Ford

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Related - just noticed this today on the inside of the trunk lid - paint is being rubbed off on both sides - a little worse on the right. Yet I don't see any corresponding rubbing/paint on the black plastic where this metal part should meet. What's the dealio?

Left:

picture.jpg

Right:

picture.jpg
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Related - just noticed this today on the inside of the trunk lid - paint is being rubbed off on both sides - a little worse on the right. Yet I don't see any corresponding rubbing/paint on the black plastic where this metal part should meet.
Can you provide a pic hats not so close up?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I feel like we need a sticky thread with the relevant GT 350 TSB's. I cant seem to keep track of them all. Anyone got a good resource that lists them ?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Have my car scheduled for the 24th to have the bumper fixed using kit listed in the TSB. To say I am apprehensive is an understatement. My car will be the 1st this dealer has done. There are only a handful of GT350s in my area. I don't want to wait to have someone else be the 1st. It could be a year or more before another 350 is brought in for the fix.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pulling the trigger. Didn’t want to be first test. But, I hate the gaps.

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Related - just noticed this today on the inside of the trunk lid - paint is being rubbed off on both sides - a little worse on the right. Yet I don't see any corresponding rubbing/paint on the black plastic where this metal part should meet. What's the dealio?
Did you have the TSB done? Regardless, something like this is basically the concern I mentioned in my earlier post. The TSB is going to bring the bumper up closer to the trunk deck lid and some cars will probably start scuffing paint from new contact points being formed.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Did you have the TSB done? Regardless, something like this is basically the concern I mentioned in my earlier post. The TSB is going to bring the bumper up closer to the trunk deck lid and some cars will probably start scuffing paint from new contact points being formed.
No haven't had anything done to it yet. That's why I asked what is considered "Bad" gaps. I just measured - the bumper is basically flush horizontally, widest at the rear rise is 2 mm on the left and 3mm on the right. Trunk lid widest gap is 3 mm left, 4 mm right

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Pulling the trigger. Didn’t want to be first test. But, I hate the gaps.
You going to Ted Britt? See you at the party on Saturday. :cheers::headbang:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You going to Ted Britt? See you at the party on Saturday. :cheers::headbang:
I called around and decided with Jerry's since it was close to home. See you Saturday. I am going to go to Cars and Cigars for an hour first.
:cheers:

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I called around and decided with Jerry's since it was close to home. See you Saturday. I am going to go to Cars and Cigars for an hour first.
:cheers:
Sounds good.. I need to make it there sometime. Any other 350s show there? I will be stocking the bar. See you tomorrow.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I took my "gapped" hind quarters back to the dealer last year, way before this TSB. The only reason I gave them a shot was because they actually let me watch every move they did right there in the shop. 3 hours and 6 brackets later, I drove out with the same gaps I came in with. They wouldn't use the methods stated on this forum, because it was not an approved procedure by Ford, therefore they couldn't warrant the repair. I guess I'll give them another shot since they now have an approved repair procedure. That bumper gap has been gnawing at me for 2 1/2 years. It's just one of those things I can't make believe isn't there.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I got hit with the "dreaded rear bumper sag" this weekend as well. It makes a rattle noise when I drive from a stop. Super irritating. You can see where the clip is broken.

I'll try Dewey Ford in Ankeny to see what they can do to correct the issue. They did warranty work on my stripes bubbling and GT350 logo peeling off.

I do wish Ford put some extra thought into fit and finish. I had 22000 miles on the 2014 Camaro 1LE and none of these issues. Even after a dozen track events. She is a tank. The only maintenance I had to do was brakes, tires and oil change.

Well...we'll see what happens.
Sponsored