Sponsored

Orange Fury vs Grabber Orange

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
I am starting to really dig the Orange Fury color available for the 2018 Mustang. Does anyone know how close of a color that is compared to Grabber Orange that was used for the 2007-2009 Mustangs?
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I *think* Orange Fury is slightly lighter in shade than the previous Grabber Orange, but I question if you'd even notice the difference unless they were side-by-side. :)

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I am starting to really dig the Orange Fury color available for the 2018 Mustang. Does anyone know how close of a color that is compared to Grabber Orange that was used for the 2007-2009 Mustangs?
It's hard to compare because Orange Fury has a very fine metallic in it. So in any given light there may be some areas that are lighter and some darker than Grabber Orange. On a cloudy day I think it looks pretty close. Maybe a touch lighter.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Sorry I have no idea, but OF is the best orange since poppy red or calypso coral!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good thread and very timely!

I went to view some (just delivered to the dealership) '18s here in the UK and there were 3 Orange Furys. My first thought was "wow, that's just like Grabber Orange". It was a dull, overcast day, so it was very difficult to see the metallic flake (even close up). I'd certainly like to see them side by side for a true comparison, but I'd say OF is very close to GO :)

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
I think they're similar, but I think Grabber Orange may have been slightly darker. Also, as previously mentioned, the significant difference is probably with the metallic flake. Orange Fury is a bit more lively/interesting to me since the metallic flake causes it to shift in different light.

To me it's almost like comparing Grabber Blue and Nitrous Blue (Focus RS) - the Nitrous pops more on sunny days because it has metallic flake in it.

S550Josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18GT Premium (On order)
Orange Fury likes to change colors on you too depending on the lighting. Might be yellow, might be orange.

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We all know that competition orange is the best orange. I might get be biased though.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
we need a side-by-side of these 2 colors....that way we can get a feel of real world paint and pictures. and we can see with the lighting how each one changes or doesn't change....my gut feeling is that OF is the same GO base but with the Pearlized paint over top so that they cannot call it grabber since its a metal flake topcoat....just my gut.

Sponsored

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
we need a side-by-side of these 2 colors....that way we can get a feel of real world paint and pictures. and we can see with the lighting how each one changes or doesn't change....my gut feeling is that OF is the same GO base but with the Pearlized paint over top so that they cannot call it grabber since its a metal flake topcoat....just my gut.
Based on the pics posted now above in this thread, I think you are right. They look identical in the picture, I think the tri-coat flake feature is what is different and 90%+ of the time, you can't tell it even has the flake. It has to be really sunny for me to notice it in my OF, and even then you have to be looking at the right surface of the car. Its a lot more like the platinum white sparkle then a true metallic flake paint, which I like.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
exactly what i was looking for. not saying its wrong to have the same colors. im sure the metal flake adds some sparkle to the car when the sun is out compared to the grabber orange car. if i had the money this would be the next set of colors i would get.

thanks for the picts Twin....