Sponsored

Street racing

XCRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Here is an interesting question. Where was the victim in the street when struck? Was she just setting foot on the street, mid-way to the end, or was she about to step off the road?

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
What parent is buying their kid an Ecoboost Mustang at 17? There's your problem right there. Give that kid a Prius and he won't street race anything.
My first car was a 2000 SS Camaro with heads, big ass cam, intake, exhaust, blah blah. 450+ at the wheels.
My second car was a 2002 Z06. Similar mods, more power, less weight.

I've never had a ticket in my life. I've never street raced. The streets are for traveling. The track is for racing.

Sick of people saying "kids don't need fast cars!" That's crap. They just need better parenting. They need to respect a powerful car, not fear it, but not think they're Andretti.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Local news reporting the child likely won't make it.

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
I just saw this on the news. It's beyond horrendous. The 21 month old baby is "clinging to life". Throw the entire book at these kids.

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Did I read that right, the passenger was charged for street racing? What was he doing yanking gears?
Baby's gone. :(

Driver is 18. His brother the passenger is 20. They'll say he's a willing participant, so he'd have to fight it. The sad thing is you can see the regret in the brother's mug shot. He knows what they just did. The other two look like deer in the headlights.

That's one of those guilt until proven innocent issues - like being there when your buddy decides to rob a convenience store rather than pay for what he's buying. You're on camera with him regardless.

The other driver of the Nissan is 17.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with these morons? This is a serious case of a lack of impulse control coupled with having WAY too much car for their maturity level. Lets let our emotions rule our decision making and race down a populated boulevard in broad daylight.

These fools killed a mom and her BABY. Disgusting. I'm seriously in anguish for the husband and father who just lost his family.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
They won't get much time.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Irony:

Last night I was driving home. Downtown Seattle. It was after 9pm. At that time the city is a bucket of idiots.

A Lexus (older clapped out one) pulls up next to me with two drunk-tards in it (after they saw me at a prior intersection and started yelling at me).

"Wanna race?"

This story poured right into my head.

"What are you, stupid? You want to race that hunk of garbage in downtown? You guys are morons."

"Whatever."

That was his response. Drunk. 9pm. Clearly under the age of 20. So I got to meet the instigators of shit like this first hand.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Very sad situation.

I would never defend the young drivers actions, but I would like to point out (I know that spot very well) that the city/county/state needs to work on that location for this exact reason. It is bad enough that there are young wreckless drivers, but there are also very old drivers in that location who could make the same mistake - or just someone not paying attention at that moment.

I am not sure of the exact scenario here but that spot to cross that road is very dangerous - it is literally a "okay we are clear" and book it across to safety.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I used to live down there and drove this road often, its a curving concrete 4 lane divided road along the bay. On one side is green space, sidewalk and Tampa Bay, on the other is the rich people's houses. The road is slabs of concrete, uneven in some places, high speeds can cause loss of control and traction. The area is highly populated by pedestrians, fishing, bikes and rollerbladers, Moms and others enjoying a bay side walk, water views, etc.... I think the posed limit is 35, which is appropriate.

Anyone who drives recklessly or races on this road needs to have the book thrown at them. RIP to the lost ones....
bayshore.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
sigintel

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Heard from several people in FL that the road is a major thru fare for traffic that has grown 1000% with the development in the area and is treated like a highway.
Poor urban planning does not excuse a risk taking contest.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The should put up a poster size pic (before & after) of the mom and her baby in these morons jail cell to remind them every day of what they did.
Sponsored