Sponsored

Master Blaster vs Leaf Blower + Compressor

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I dont know why but $419 for master blaster is something I am having tough time with:) What does everyone think?

I currently use my Redmax 8500 leaf blower, which is the best commercial leaf blower you can buy. It has over 900 CFM. I also use my compressor for hard to reach areas.

I m just not sure given I have both of these (and a very powerful leaf blower), if it's worth spending another $400 for this thing. The answer is probably no, but I m hoping someone with a similar setup to me can chime in.

Sponsored

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
I have the master blaster, but I got it for $229 on Autogeek Black Friday or Cyber Monday 2 years ago. It is nice but can also be a pain without also getting more hose extension because it is quite heavy. If I decide to keep it I will probably be wall mounting it and getting the hose extension, otherwise I will look to the Ego blower or a smaller blower like the one Adam's sells. I do like that it blows warm air though.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I have the master blaster, but I got it for $229 on Autogeek Black Friday or Cyber Monday 2 years ago. It is nice but can also be a pain without also getting more hose extension because it is quite heavy. If I decide to keep it I will probably be wall mounting it and getting the hose extension, otherwise I will look to the Ego blower or a smaller blower like the one Adam's sells. I do like that it blows warm air though.
Pass on the Ego. I tried one and while initially it's impressive, the motor didn't last but a little over a year. I bought a Sthil gas blower and haven't looked back. Does a good job blowing the car dry before the final wipe down.

Sponsored

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
All those leaf blower brands are joke. Trust me. I have about 40 trees in my property, shortest one being 50 ft tall. I blow the leaves once a week and that's usually every week between October/November (sometimes every other week). Before buying my RedMax 8500, I had two Stihl 55s. And let me tell you, it would take me and my wife about 3-4 hours/day for 3 days what I can now do alone in 3-4 hours. Not kidding. Those little ones are a joke. Even the backpack ones Stihl makes does not compare. RedMax 8500 is like a jet engine.

The only downside is, it goes through so much gas, it's not even funny. Every one of my 3-4 hour long leaf cleaning missions is about 1.5 gallons of gas. That's insane!:)

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Never. Not a sucker who pays $600-700/month (thats the cost here for leaves in months of sep-nov).
That sounds ridiculously high but even if true, still worth it if you are wasting 4 hrs a week on leaves that you could be spending driving your GT350

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That sounds ridiculously high but even if true, still worth it if you are wasting 4 hrs a week on leaves that you could be spending driving your GT350
What do you mean "if true"?

I could sit and talk about this (landscaping and how outrageously expensive it is and how companies rip people off) for hours as it drives me nuts. I live in a township, meaning lots and lots of 50-60 year old trees in each property (average property size is 0.7-1.2 acres). It takes a considerable amount of time to upkeep the yard and it's a fairly upscale town. I'm the only one in my street (not exaggerating) who does his own leaves, mowing, seeding, etc and usually on average people spend 400-500/month on non fall (thats April-August) months and 600-700/month on fall months. That's just how it is. I see landscaping crews cleaning the leaves on other houses and it's usually 3-4 people spending about 30-40 minutes. If you add up the cost of how much 4 people make, plus equipment, plus gas and other business expenses, plus this is expensive north east, that's not unreasonable.

Forget all of that, if you want snow service, as in someone coming and cleaning your driveway, it's a minimum $50 charge. That's "if" you are on a monthly contract, if not, and you call someone to come and do a 1 time clean or there is a big snow storm that catches everyone by surprise, it's a $100 charge.

All in all, if you don't do your own stuff, you are spending on average $500/month for all this stuff. That's how much I pay for shelby every month my friend. Can I afford it? Of course I could. But I could also afford painting the deck or putting a sealant on my driveway or installing underground sprinklers and god knows probably a few dozen other projects that had I gone to someone else, they would probably rip me off. Welcome to the 21st century America - labor is insanely expensive on ANYTHING! And how these people and companies stay in the business and charge an arm and a leg is very simple, people are just lazy and they think (no offense) like you. "Oh I shouldnt spend time doing X and Y, so let me pay someone else". That X and Y becomes Z and W and A and B and before you know it, your entire life style evolves around paying people to do things, be it installing your fridge, or painting your bathroom ceiling, or adding a power outlet, or as simple as just mowing your lawn.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
All in all, if you don't do your own stuff, you are spending on average $500/month for all this stuff. That's how much I pay for shelby every month my friend. Can I afford it? Of course I could. But I could also afford painting the deck or putting a sealant on my driveway or installing underground sprinklers and god knows probably a few dozen other projects that had I gone to someone else, they would probably rip me off. Welcome to the 21st century America - labor is insanely expensive on ANYTHING! And how these people and companies stay in the business and charge an arm and a leg is very simple, people are just lazy and they think (no offense) like you. "Oh I shouldnt spend time doing X and Y, so let me pay someone else". That X and Y becomes Z and W and A and B and before you know it, your entire life style evolves around paying people to do things, be it installing your fridge, or painting your bathroom ceiling, or adding a power outlet, or as simple as just mowing your lawn.
I pay well more than that on lawn/pool service on 2 houses. Life is too short to spend so much time on that nonsense. Worth it to me.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
This about drying the CAR, no blowing you yard !

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
What do you mean "if true"?

I could sit and talk about this (landscaping and how outrageously expensive it is and how companies rip people off) for hours as it drives me nuts. I live in a township, meaning lots and lots of 50-60 year old trees in each property (average property size is 0.7-1.2 acres). It takes a considerable amount of time to upkeep the yard and it's a fairly upscale town. I'm the only one in my street (not exaggerating) who does his own leaves, mowing, seeding, etc and usually on average people spend 400-500/month on non fall (thats April-August) months and 600-700/month on fall months. That's just how it is. I see landscaping crews cleaning the leaves on other houses and it's usually 3-4 people spending about 30-40 minutes. If you add up the cost of how much 4 people make, plus equipment, plus gas and other business expenses, plus this is expensive north east, that's not unreasonable.

Forget all of that, if you want snow service, as in someone coming and cleaning your driveway, it's a minimum $50 charge. That's "if" you are on a monthly contract, if not, and you call someone to come and do a 1 time clean or there is a big snow storm that catches everyone by surprise, it's a $100 charge.

I am on a two acre lot and I use landscapers to mow my lawn. $1550 a year and they have a five man crew. Three mowing, one trimming and one blowing. They are in and out in 15-20 minutes. I have a John Deere and it takes me close to 3 hours to do it and that wouldn't include trimming and blowing. My time is money, plus the gas for the tractor, the oil, the wear and tear. It's a bargain.

My house is on a hill and I'm above all but a couple of my neighbors. I have two Mulberry trees, one river birch, one maple and a Linden. Two huge Arborvitae border the entrance to my drive. Leaves are not a problem for us. The winds here in the fall blow everything away. I have an area enclosed with split rail fencing lined with wire to give our small dogs a yard to run and play. Takes me all of fifteen minutes every couple of weeks to mulch the leaves that blow into the enclosed yard.

I have a neighbor that has a couple of sycamores and they have huge ass leaves that don't drop off completely till the middle of December. I hate them trees. It's like the old saying about shyt traveling downhill, same with leaves. I only have a blower for drying my cars and the occasional blow job on the patios and the front walk through our courtyard. Stihl works great for me.

For you, it's best that you do yours yourself, otherwise you would've worn your Shelby out by now. All that time you spend taking care of your lawn and leaves is preserving your car. I've got four cars and three motorcycles. I don't need to be screwing around taking care of mundane crap I can pay others to handle.

I'm 65 years old and amassed enough money to enjoy my lifestyle, and it's not because I'm lazy. It's because I'm retired and worked hard my whole life to get to be able to enjoy a life of leisure. Oh, and I haven't financed a car in twenty years. YMMV. :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Aren't there a bunch of YouTube videos comparing the two? Matt, you wonder why people are the way they are towards you sometimes. It commonly seems the point of your threads are for the sake of argument or debate. And maybe that's just it, you enjoy debating and going over and over a moot point.

Yes this is a forum. You are entitled to your opinion, but have you not learned a lesson as MCarsFan? They pulled your account for crap like this and the way I'm seeing it, not much has changed.

Now here is my perspective. Master blaster vs a leaf blower...... meh

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tom, thanks for knowing the difference between moot and mute.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I was actually wanting to know if using a leaf blower works fine or if you had worry about it fling dirt at your paint, just turkey wind.:eyebulge::crazy::rant::mullet::ban::spam:
:crazy::rolleyes::barf::focus::

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Wow, it sure seems like you post this stuff just for your personal entertainment and have very little interest in contributing in any meaningful way. Do you value anyone's opinions here or is it just an online game to you?

I'll politely ask you to simply google check your questions before you post.
Sponsored