Sponsored

2019 GT500 Caught Benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I know that vette is gonna look killer cool once they take that cover off it.
Its a drag if the doors are not upward opening in some way or another. Hope they can find it in themselves to make the darn emblem on the front smaller and more discreet
Ill tear it off.
Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Heard about the supra a while back but i thought it was only like 500 HP or something. Ill go and dig up that one too.
I think we are in for a treat over the next year. With all those exciting cars coming out! The only bad thing will be choosing one if they are all awesome. Think about a 700+ hp super stang released about the same time as a 700+ hp mid engine corvette! I know the are not exactly straight competition but that's going to be one hard decision for me!' The Supra is probably not going to raise to that level but you never know they have been working on it for a long time! I'm just siked at the possibilities!!!
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think we are in for a treat over the next year. With all those exciting cars coming out! The only bad thing will be choosing one if they are all awesome. Think about a 700+ hp super stang released about the same time as a 700+ hp mid engine corvette! I know the are not exactly straight competition but that's going to be one hard decision for me!' The Supra is probably not going to raise to that level but you never knowp they have been working on it for a long time! I'm just siked at the possibilities!!!
we're livin in a great time!
To be honest, im tilting toward the vette. We'll see how they both are before hand.*
It would be nice if ford offered a mid engine to us john doe's. Oh well, mabe ford will dabble again if they see a ME vette doing well. Not likely, but a chance. Bring on the pantera!;)

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
we're livin in a great time!
To be honest, im tilting toward the vette. We'll see how they both are before hand.*
It would be nice if ford offered a mid engine to us john doe's. Oh well, mabe ford will dabble again if they see a ME vette doing well. Not likely, but a chance. Bring on the pantera!;)
Yep. Never owned a bow tie anything but the ME Vette has my attention big time. Want to see them all out in the open to make the best choice! Have to admit with what Chevy has done with the Z06/ZL1 it sure to be a handler! Ford really going to have to bring the A game to compete! But you know that short-wide ME package is going to be sexy as hell!!!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Crickets are chirping, Dogs are howling, wind is blowing, trees are falling in the forest and nobody is around to hear it. etc

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is the only snippet that's got me excited......posted today in the GT350 section:

Funny thing is, the GT500 info and specs/viewing was released to some of the high end dealers today (in person) and the GT500, in the words of my contact, is going to "exceed expectations even in the shadow of the current GT350R".
With all due respect to 96cobra, I'm not sure how he knows that.....so take it with a grain of salt. I'm guessing the dealers would need to sign an NDA......if not, expect info to start leaking in the not too distant.....

:)

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
This is the only snippet that's got me excited......posted today in the GT350 section:

With all due respect to 96cobra, I'm not sure how he knows that.....so take it with a grain of salt. I'm guessing the dealers would need to sign an NDA......if not, expect info to start leaking in the not too distant.....

Interesting information. If it is true, even if there's hints of truth, comparing it even loosely to the GT350R is not a good thing.

The GT500 MUST be faster, more powerful, more expensive, and be generally next level. So really being in the shadow of the R is the wrong way to phrase it.

I would personally have said it will 'overshadow' the GT350R. But that's me :headbang:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Interesting information. If it is true, even if there's hints of truth, comparing it even loosely to the GT350R is not a good thing.

The GT500 MUST be faster, more powerful, more expensive, and be generally next level. So really being in the shadow of the R is the wrong way to phrase it.

I would personally have said it will 'overshadow' the GT350R. But that's me :headbang:

The quote mentioned the 'expectations' were in the shadow of the GT350R, not that the new car will be.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Well said. My dealership actually got a little talking to apparently for telling me that a mule "high performance" Mustang was at a recent training event at the proving grounds. Don't ask how it all adds up, that's just what I was told by the GM.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I agree Paul.
I have a feeling we should know in September. (Hoping as well! lol)

I agree bro! We're on the same page. :cheers:
It will overshadow the GT350R. It's supposed to, as it's made to be a more faster/powerful/next level type of car.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
As history would have it, the 350 and the 500 had different intents. That was when gas was cheap and muscle was muscle on the roadcourse or at the strip, and carmakers had more leeway to get away with same-segment, varying models.

Today, performance has to be concentrated. My guess, seeing that MY2018 will be the last of the 350/R, the 500 will pick up the king-factory Mustang offering from Ford. IT WILL HAVE NO CHOICE but to establish a new performance level off the basis initiated by the R.

So, will it live in the shadow of the R?... No, but merely willthrive off the legacy of the R and a new hi-bar for the ponycar industry.
Sponsored