Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] Lets have an example which is close to reality, so that I see if I understood it correctly.

Lets assume that I do a 3rd gear pull while my car is stock and I get 22 psi. After I add a tune and an intercooler the boost pressure is raised to 24 psi during the 3rd gear pull. Does this mean that the car’s power is raised to 317hp x (2x7) = 361.38hp to the crank? I mean that makes sense, but can you confirm?
Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] Lets have an example which is close to reality, so that I see if I understood it correctly.

Lets assume that I do a 3rd gear pull while my car is stock and I get 22 psi. After I add a tune and an intercooler the boost pressure is raised to 24 psi during the 3rd gear pull. Does this mean that the car’s power is raised to 317hp x (2x7) = 361.38hp to the crank? I mean that makes sense, but can you confirm?
I knew you were going to start throwing me hail makers on this
With all factors same air same conditions one pull before tune one after same conditions using the HP model I have posted

yES..:first:

TO THE CRANK (NOT WHEEL HP ) I just wanted to make sure of confusion to the reader..

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! This makes sense, at least for my car.

During a third gear pull, my stock boost pressure was ~22 psi. Tuned / moded peak boost pressure is ~24.5 psi, a gain of 2.5 psi. So 317 + 317 x (2.5 x 7%) = 372hp to the crank. It’s pretty accurate! Haha! Amazing :thumbsup:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! This makes sense, at least for my car.

During a third gear pull, my stock boost pressure was ~22 psi. Tuned / moded peak boost pressure is ~24.5 psi, a gain of 2.5 psi. So 317 + 317 x (2.5 x 7%) = 372hp to the crank. It’s pretty accurate! Haha! Amazing :thumbsup:
hay mate when do you get gfb in the mail:ford:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I will have both the GFB DV+ and my Tune+ Wastegate Actuator on Saturday. So I am going to have a busy weekend!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I will have both the GFB DV+ and my Tune+ Wastegate Actuator on Saturday. So I am going to have a busy weekend!
Tune 1 - meh
tune 2 - wooo
tune 3 - what, oh sh1t
tune 4 (if needed) - woooooooooooooooo

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
He just sent me an update to the tune for the WGA. I don't know if he will need any datalogs. It seems that he won't, it's a simple update.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
He just sent me an update to the tune for the WGA. I don't know if he will need any datalogs. It seems that he won't, it's a simple update.
You'll have to do at least one to confirm that though.

Speaking of which, I need to datalog tonight, and get on with an 'eco tune' for economical driving and setup the map slots for each :thumbsup:. And when I say datalog, I mean send him a log so he can confirm the car is all good post tune :thumbsup:

Might also need one for a 91 octane tune, if I'm for whatever reason stuck and can't find shell or Tesco (or Costco) with a 99 nearby.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly what I have done with my tune. I have three map slots: 100 RON, 95 RON and ECO. I did all my datalogs for the 100 RON map slot back in April. He only needed one datalog for the 95 RON map slot so that he confirms that everything is OK and in order to improve its performance slightly. As expected, no datalog for the ECO.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly what I have done with my tune. I have three map slots: 100 RON, 95 RON and ECO. I did all my datalogs for the 100 RON map slot back in April. He only needed one datalog for the 95 RON map slot so that he confirms that everything is OK and in order to improve its performance slightly. As expected, no datalog for the ECO.
Ok video coming your way mate.. I need to work on the quality of sound like phone in the hood next to turbo .. thank goodness I have a turbo blanket the phone would melt.lol

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hay mate did you get the video I sent you on a email ? I was just wondering..:thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
No man, I didn't. When did you send it?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you misstyped my email. You can send me the video by simply replying to the email that I just sent you.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might wanna get that rag you have wrapped around that hose outta there before you drive it. Never know where something like that might wind up. :D
Video available at YouTube gt2300
Sponsored