Sponsored

Ford Nationals 2016 (Review & Reflection)

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re a Ford Fanatic or just looking for a cool car show/event to attend, Ford Nationals is the place you want to be every year the first weekend of June.

Ford Nationals festivities go from Thursday – Sunday.

First up, prior to arriving at the Fairgrounds, Friday morning is Pony Trails. CJ Pony Parts does a very cool event every Friday morning during Ford Nationals so Mustang owners and car owners alike can meet at one location and cruise to the Fairgrounds after.

As I entered the gates Friday, you could see vendor booths all setup and ready for the weekend. Borla, Magnaflow, American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts and Ford Performance were in attendance to name a few. You could even make a purchase at the Ford install area and have your parts installed on the grounds of the show (this is offered every year).

Our three classes had quite the competition as we had roughly ~60 cars all together. We almost cracked the top ten for the amount of members in our club (Mustang6g.com) at Carlisle. Next year, we will crack the Top Ten I’m sure! The weather could have been better for the weekend but we were rain-free during the show.

It was great meeting everyone and I look forward to attending next year.

Please add your thoughts into this thread!

I've added a few photos to help capture the weekend through pictures (please add your own, I didn't get too many great ones):

Snapshot of my trip:

Pony Trails:

Shot of the Showfield:

1st Place Winner in the 15-16 GT Class, Todd15Fastback:

My Car looking the best she's ever looked:
Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Looks like a good time. Sadly I missed this repaying a friend for home renovation work. Any more pictures in an online photo album would be greatly appreciated.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i remember seeing your car. i was driving my mothers 2005 lime green vert (tan top) in ponytrails and i was at carlisle on sat. i really liked your car and got some good picts of it.
only time i remember seeing you i believe was when one of your friends asked you where you learned how to park! only thing i remember. if i remembered you were on the forums i would have talked to you. so much going on that day i just got focused in on all the cars i forgot to talk to people....
glad you enjoyed the weekend! im also in the video that cj pony made of the ponytrails.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Sorry, I missed it this year. I had both cars registered and spent 100 hours detailing and $1,500 getting my 2016 coated with Modesta for the show. Both cars still look great which is a benefit. My Dad and his wife were flying out to attend a family event and send the weekend at the Ford Nationals. He was going to drive the '16 with his wife while I drove the '66 with my wife. His wife came out with shingles and wouldn't be able to attend a car show.

We are disappointed to have missed it. But, happy for family time and super clean Mustangs inside, outside, engine bays and even underneath. With fresh Modesta on the 2016, I know that car would have stood out.

Did the weather impact anything? On sat I think it rained quite a bit? Sun was just a few showers here and their.

Glad you guys had a me time!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Wow go Todd!

Sponsored

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
Sorry, I missed it this year. I had both cars registered and spent 100 hours detailing and $1,500 getting my 2016 coated with Modesta for the show. Both cars still look great which is a benefit. My Dad and his wife were flying out to attend a family event and send the weekend at the Ford Nationals. He was going to drive the '16 with his wife while I drove the '66 with my wife. His wife came out with shingles and wouldn't be able to attend a car show.

We are disappointed to have missed it. But, happy for family time and super clean Mustangs inside, outside, engine bays and even underneath. With fresh Modesta on the 2016, I know that car would have stood out.

Did the weather impact anything? On sat I think it rained quite a bit? Sun was just a few showers here and their.

Glad you guys had a me time!
the weather didn't really impact anything, they still did the burnout contest, Ms Carlisle Contest and the Parade in Town. When I was driving up on Saturday morning, it was spitting alittle bit, but once I got off the Turnpike Exit in Carlisle around 7am, it was just cloudy.

Practically all day it was cloudy and the sun peaked through a few times. I would say around 4 is when the rain started coming in, but probably stopped around 5 (at least for me when I was on the turnpike heading home)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
It was a great event! My first time at Carlisle and a memorable one at that.

Meet some great folks from M6G, took home 1st place in a pretty big class of cars, got to participate in the Mustang American flag, saw some amazing Mustangs and other Ford cars. Drove a total of 1600 miles and would do it again in a heartbeat.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Meet some great folks from M6G, took home 1st place in a pretty big class of cars, got to participate in the Mustang American flag, saw some amazing Mustangs and other Ford cars. Drove a total of 1600 miles and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Congrats Todd! Well deserving car!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Agreed ^^^ Nice job you have done on your Mustang and well deserving! I look forward to seeing your car and meeting you at one of the upcoming ATL S550 meets.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Congrats!

It was a great time and I had fun meeting everyone too!

Sponsored

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was there but with my SVT Lightning. I'll probably be taking the S550 next year. But i been going to this event for a few years now. It's a really good time

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was there but with my SVT Lightning. I'll probably be taking the S550 next year. But i been going to this event for a few years now. It's a really good time
I walked by the Lightnings. The ones that were there looked very good.

Was yours the blacked out one?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Congrats Todd! Well deserving car!
Thanks man:cheers:
Agreed ^^^ Nice job you have done on your Mustang and well deserving! I look forward to seeing your car and meeting you at one of the upcoming ATL S550 meets.
Thanks man:cheers:. Looking foward to meeting and seeing your car, too:thumbsup:
Congrats!

It was a great time and I had fun meeting everyone too!
Thanks, Ray. It was such a great time. I truly had a blast.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any pictures to add to this thread from the weekend? I sadly didn't get many...

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Regular Car Reviews did a pretty funny video on this year's Ford Nationals.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]oMDcIApBtL8[/MEDIA]"]Which Ford is Best Ford?[/ame]
Sponsored