Sponsored

Eco boost at idle stuttering

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
My mustang Eco boost has been falling below RPM's at stops and red lights . The rpms at idle at a light is like 750 or 700 below 1k . after sum time at the light the car shivers and engine kinda shakes i think . no noise but i can feel the car stutter at the light. Im running on 93 octane and i have no engine mods. I have an exhaust from Flow master Axle back. 400$ . i have around 15,500 miles on the car. This has happened to me many times with the A/C on and off , seems to happen regardless if its on or off. Car runs normally when driving . I do drive a bit aggressively putting my foot down and sometimes doing donuts but its every day. I've had 2 oil changes one at 5k and another one at 11k at 16k ill get another oil change I run full synthetic oil. I have ran the car before on 89 for the most of its life time and I have switched back and forth before . i got 4 months 89 and 3 months 93 since gas prices have been fluctuating.

Please, I want to fix the problem but if not ill just trade the car in.

Any comments or question please ask.

Update 04/19/16 - at 16k miles now and haven't had the issue again since this post. I have checked under the car while revving for any rattling near the exhaust nothing turned up there. I'm planning to go a different dealership to get it looked at since the one nearest to me told me there's nothing wrong with the car. And i stopped using 93 octane and plan to only use 89 till this problem is unresolved.
IMG_4933.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Take it to Ford, that's why we have a warranty.

d11gnccer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 race red ecoboost
I think they must have shipped yours with a prototype software featuring start/stop for fuel savings... No check check engine lights or codes? Take it to a dealer.

Edit- this is your first post? "Please i want to fix the problem but if not ill just trade the car in."
Are you trolling?

OP
OP
6god

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
no im not trolling . if i cant fix the car and its a major problem ill just trade it for a v8 since ive read online about this engine failing.

Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
I've had the same problem, I looked and looked and looked until I finally noticed there was a gap between the downpipe gasket and the exhaust side of the turbo :shrug: I would double check that well your whole exhaust for that matter and all vacuum lines. I know it sounds really bad too, I recommend having a friend rev the engine while you looks under, that's how I found my issue. In addition, you can always do a smoke test or take the easy way out and take to the dealer which there's is nothing wrong with doing that.

OP
OP
6god

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
i have and they said the car is fine . ive looked online if anyone else is having the same problem

OP
OP
6god

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
I have a automatic transmission forgot to add that . car sits in gear while it happens .

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
no im not trolling . if i cant fix the car and its a major problem ill just trade it for a v8 since ive read online about this engine failing.
Are you being serious?Read a bit more online and you'll see there are v8's failing also. Along with just about any other engine.This same paranoia was all over the coyote forums a few years back.As far as idle goes they idle below 1k so the range is normal. Have you Changed your spark plugs to see if that fixes the stuttering rough idle?

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Are you being serious?Read a bit more online and you'll see there are v8's failing also. Along with just about any other engine.This same paranoia was all over the coyote forums a few years back.As far as idle goes they idle below 1k so the range is normal. Have you Changed your spark plugs to see if that fixes the stuttering rough idle?

He put that it's 700-750 below 1k so it feels like it's going to die, I hope he checked the downpipe gasket because I had the smallest gap in between the downpipe and exhaust side and man it was the worse idle my car would even completely die

Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Mine did the same thing. My EB had been shuddering since off the lot, Then at 10k miles at a stop light it shock really bad and the rpms dropped this time to about 400 and then jerked back up. couple days later did it again. put stock intake and exhaust back on, stock tune, still was doing it. Found oil in my intercooler and TB. Stock pcv setup and just a upr single catch can, removed it. never did get it fixed, dealer said the engine shake was fine. couldn't replicate the random rpm drop at idle.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Had an issue at idle the last few days checked my plugs and one of them was bad!!!!!!! Put stock plugs back in for now car runs good again.

OP
OP
6god

6god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ecoboost mustang 15
Mine did the same thing. My EB had been shuddering since off the lot, Then at 10k miles at a stop light it shock really bad and the rpms dropped this time to about 400 and then jerked back up. couple days later did it again. put stock intake and exhaust back on, stock tune, still was doing it. Found oil in my intercooler and TB. Stock pcv setup and just a upr single catch can, removed it. never did get it fixed, dealer said the engine shake was fine. couldn't replicate the random rpm drop at idle.
Exactly what mines doing .

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
I tried NGK plugs and denso gapped at 26 and at 28 and at 30 on both sets, didn't change the shuttering.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Well enjoy your GT then.
Sponsored