Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There are a number of these very sketchy websites around. I assume they exist purely to gain income from their advertising. OP, I take it you discovered this site via a Google search? That's how I've come across them before. They all seem like they've used a very bad language translator, although this one isn't as bad as some I've seen! They just seem to regurgitate information from other websites.

That being said, rumours do seem to indicate we'll be getting the 10-speed auto and maybe a Mach 1.........whether those are for the '17 or '18MY remains to be seen. Perhaps we'll get the Mach 1 (or another SE) for '17, then the facelifted car with 10-speed auto plus engine upgrades etc, for '18MY. The waiting continues :thumbsup:

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Gear splitters are great for semi's but very impractical for a car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Well...I know it's a rumor, but I'll bite. My last car had an 8 speed auto (a ZF8), and it was great compared to the 6AT in the S550. Anyways, when you take off from a dead start, the car will feel like it's always shifting a lot, and that's because it is. At 40 mph you'd be in 8th gear (great for fuel economy). Anytime you wanted a downshift, it was pretty immediate (compared to the s550). My point is, if Ford is looking to make add more gears for their AT, they should work on quicker shifts. The Mustang isn't a car that's made to be economical, it's a sports car, and should behave as such. Even if they keep the 6AT, they should revise it for quicker shifts.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
too many gears IMO.
A proper automatic needs to have torque multiplication ,id rather have a better
torque converter in my GT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
too many gears IMO.
A proper automatic needs to have torque multiplication ,id rather have a better
torque converter in my GT.
For performance it's better to have more gears. It puts the engine in the ideal RPM range more of the time. However, more gears does = more cost.

Sponsored
OP
OP
skytop1

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
That site looks pretty sketchy to me.
I read numerous 2018 Mustang refresh articles essentially stating the same upcoming Mustang changes. I did post the result stated by industry news sources.

Here is another extremely reliable source reporting the 2018 Mustang refresh:
"According to Automotive News, the Mustang is scheduled for a 2018 refresh, likely resulting in a new face and the addition of a 10-speed automatic transmission. Sources also indicate that Ford will be offering a Mach 1 edition Mustang in 2018, and that it will largely remain intact in its current iteration until 2019 or 2020."

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nothing is happening in 2017. The 2015 Mustang has been so successful why would ford refresh it in less than two years? Makes no sense from a business standpoint. The current car will carry into 2018/2019 at least with more options and a mach 1 thrown in there somewhere. I don't think most people on forums understand the money and resources that go into a redesign on an assembly line vehicle. The SN95 was a turd and ford didn't even UPDATE it for 3 years. The new edge was 260 hp and ford didn't change it for 6 years. but the 2015 is outselling every car in its class and people expected a 2016 refresh lol.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
10 speed manual would be awful to drive, 7MT from the vette is already pushing it
I was thinking the something, the extra gears in an automatic is one thing. To row your own in a 10 speed, your right arm and left leg would be Hulk sized in about a month.