Sponsored

The Great BIG CAI Thread

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
I also would like to know where Airaid has been "proven" to be the highest quality? I have the MMR, made of metal, seemless bends and perfect fit. I'd say quality is impeccable. I'd say it's higher quality than some molded plastic overpriced intake.
Sponsored

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Great thread here, thank you for organizing this!

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Yes the Airaid can be had for much less then you stated. We offer the best pricing around on that CAI as well as superior tuning for that combination.

The Airaid is proven to be of the highest quality of all the CAI's and very well thought out. IMHO.

If we can be of any help please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks

JJ
I'll take plastic tubing over metal anyday. IMHO the MMR one where it attaches to the engine will suffer from heat transfer into the metal tubing and that metal tubing will hold that heat, not something I want on my own car.

The Airaid uses a really good molding system that decreases any notice of a "seam" and from the production units I've seen there is no noticeable "seam" or line down the tubing. Other plastic tubing intakes have a very noticeable seam.

Also the Airaid uses high quality hardware, clamps and adaptors along with a a selection of filters to choose from. The clear lid on the filter uses high quality lexan and SS fastners as well as an SS outlay over the filter. More thought and more attention to detail was given with the Airaid IMHO.

JJ

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
I'll take plastic tubing over metal anyday. IMHO the MMR one where it attaches to the engine will suffer from heat transfer into the metal tubing and that metal tubing will hold that heat, not something I want on my own car.

JJ
Finally someone else that noticed this. :thumbsup:

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club

JJ
It doesn't really matter at that point in the intake system (compressor inlet). The air will still be warmer after leaving the turbo from compression (and to a lesser extent, heat transferred from the exhaust side of the turbo). As you know, this is what a CAC (charge air cooler, or intercooler in car-talk) is for, to cool the compressed air. You could actually put the air filter directly behind the radiator where it gets nothing but hot air and have little to no increase in intake temps after the CAC. This I learned from researching CAI's for my Volvo.

BTW, you guys cannot complain about part prices for these performance parts. You should see some of these part prices for Volvos...

Sponsored

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
I'll take plastic tubing over metal anyday. IMHO the MMR one where it attaches to the engine will suffer from heat transfer into the metal tubing and that metal tubing will hold that heat, not something I want on my car.

JJ
Then tell us what happens when that big hulking piece of plastic that the filter sits in heatsoaks? Not to mention I can bet the Airaid does not flow nearly as well as the MMR. I don't see how it could due to the filter sitting in a box with a small inlet. On a stock turbo that might be fine but once guys start upgrading snails it will become a choke point.

Molded plastic is junk and cheap... sorry but that is MY opinion.

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
I love my mmr intake. airaids intake is kinda like the stock intake. plastic is cheap and junk and i agree!

OP
OP

indy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus S, Maybe a future EB mustang
Not sure where you pulled the pricing for the Airaid but AM, LRS, CJPP and others have it for around $350.
I took all the prices from the official websites. So maybe you can get it for a cheaper price elsewhere, but i can't be searching around for all the best deals myself. But if you have a link to the lowest price then i can add it in.

Later after work i will start to compile for exhausts, intercoolers as well in the same format. Just wanted to see if people thought this was helpful or not :)

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
^ that would be awesome.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
Curious-what are the dyno number comparisons for a stock eco-boost with and without the MMR and the FFTEC?
I just installed the JLT CAI. Thanks to JLT for putting their dyno numbers out there immediately and having third parties review-sold me on their product. I am very happy with the sound improvement and hp improvement-totally subjective as I have not measured the hp/torque gain. Car just feels faster, especially on the high end.

Sponsored

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I took all the prices from the official websites. So maybe you can get it for a cheaper price elsewhere, but i can't be searching around for all the best deals myself. But if you have a link to the lowest price then i can add it in.

Later after work i will start to compile for exhausts, intercoolers as well in the same format. Just wanted to see if people thought this was helpful or not :)
there is already one for ic's. I asked to have it stickied but I must not be cool enough. Lol!
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15352

OP
OP

indy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus S, Maybe a future EB mustang
Personally looking through the CAI on offer i like that mmr does different colours thats cool and will liven up the engine bay! I have a close system KN on my focus, it has a little cap that comes off and draws air from behind the headlight but also give a little sound. The airaid looks good but no extra induction sound.... but if i get a MMR or FFTec i will be purchasing a prefilter like outwear or something as the roads in china are super dirty and dusty!