Sponsored

When will my build week or date show on COTUS in relation to source code Build Date?

Casey

Threads
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to posting but not new to the scene. I ordered retail back on 5/23 and received a VIN on 9/18. I checked the source code in COTUS which gave me a build week of 10/19 and a build date of 10/20 originally but as of today it is now bumped to 10/21.

When would this information begin to show on COTUS. Anybody with experience remember when their estimated build date or anything other than "in order processing" began showing up in relation to their build week or date?

I'm still showing "in order processing" but at least now I have a VIN. But that's the extent of it. Like many of you I've been in order processing for 5 months and it's been trying my patience. My buddy ordered a 2015 BMW M235i from Germany and had it shipped and delivered in less than half the time I've been waiting around. I believe he ordered in late August.

Thanks for any info provided!
Sponsored

Truemen911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Build date moved back one day

Don't worry about it. They moved mine from 10-20 to 10-21 also. Just remember not to nag your dealer. They have no control over it and they don't have any more info than you. If you make them mad they can return your deposit and when your car comes in they will do a dealer markup and get thousands more for it.:frusty:

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I checked the source code in COTUS which gave me a build week of 10/19 and a build date of 10/20 originally but as of today it is now bumped to 10/21.
They moved mine from 10-20 to 10-21 also.
Here is the process:

1. You get an estimated build week (always a Sunday), in your case 10/19. As we have seen, this can bounce back and forth from Sunday to Sunday. For comparison, I also was given 10/19.

2. As the build week gets closer, you are given an estimated build date (always a Monday), in your case 10/20. Now your chances of moving around are less, but it can happen. I also was given 10/20.

3. As the build date gets closer, you are moved to a more accurate day of the week, in your case 10/21. Usually, this is not going to change again. You were put on Tuesday, and I was given 10/23, Thursday.

4. Your Window Sticker link will normally be available one week prior to your new build date... yours will be available on 10/14, mine on 10/16.

5. Your Window Sticker link will work on 10/15, mine on 10/17.
Sponsored