Sponsored

Any 15-17 EB owners thinking about getting 18 EB?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
5.0yote, where is your turbo on your list? I've seen your vids with your turbo kit... You still have that setup?
I removed that setup, I was not liking the spool time of that turbo it kept you in one gear lower than normal in order to maintain your RPMS it was getting to be a pain, I also had a boost issue that was providing wonky boost numbers, over exaggerated boost when cold, super low or hard to maintain boost when hot. So I decided to go another direction.

The end result ended up being a bad factory boost solenoid before the turbo, but that in conjunction to the higher than advantageous spooling made the car only fun at wide open throttle.

I also have an unfortunate drive line vibration that I have not been able to diagnose since my wife curbed the car two weeks after I got it causing over $5000 in damage (both passenger side rims, tires, hubs, rear axle, the diff needed a complete rebuild, the pinion flange was bent, replaced the drive shaft, etc.) fixed everything but this one weird 45mph to 75mph vibration that I have not found the source too. I have a sneaking suspicion its the drivers side axle or hub but I will no better in a week and a half when it goes back into the shop. If it is still unfound at that point I am trading the car in for a used GT or possibly a new 18 EBM or GT I have a test drive scheduled next week in a EBM Premium with the 10 speed to see how it is.

If the issue is fixed I will throw a Vargas twinscroll in there and some fueling, and keep it. If I get rid of it and get an 18 EBM I will have some mod items I can carry over to it. Otherwise I will go back to the GT.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
I have a 15 EB Premium I got in Nov 14. Starting to get up there in miles (61k) so looking at 18s. I am eyeing a GT .
I know it's not what you are comfortable with but you have easily another 61,000 miles left in the car if not 90,000 miles since your engine has been replaced.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I know it's not what you are comfortable with but you have easily another 61,000 miles left in the car if not 90,000 miles since your engine has been replaced.
I got 288,000 miles out of my last car two cars ago (1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT) until the interior was falling apart enough to where I was done with it. Synthetic oil and meticulous maintenance :headbang: Granted, it wasn't turbocharged...but I'd expect the Mazda roots of our engine will guarantee long life (apart from windowing the block by aggressively tuning it).

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Yeah I know. The engine, turbo etc only have 35k on them. I guess I am just looking for some of the new features that i dont have. Sync 3, upgraded interior, heated steering wheel, digital dash, 10 speed auto, magnaride. Plus I dont really like being out of warranty with my daily. I know a lot of people like to keep cars a long time, which is great and smarter, lol. But I usually get bored and start looking for something new around 36-48 months.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Yeah I know. The engine, turbo etc only have 35k on them. I guess I am just looking for some of the new features that i dont have. Sync 3, upgraded interior, heated steering wheel, digital dash, 10 speed auto, magnaride. Plus I dont really like being out of warranty with my daily. I know a lot of people like to keep cars a long time, which is great and smarter, lol. But I usually get bored and start looking for something new around 36-48 months.
I'm thinking my son (8 now) will have a cool hand-me-down in 8 more years... :thumbsup:

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking my son (8 now) will have a cool hand-me-down in 8 more years... :thumbsup:

Lucky kid. My son is stuck driving my daughters mazda 3 while she is away at College.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Its a little over 5$ / gallon now. Yeah i love the eco but had the chance to trade in for a Canadian gt for no extra cost. I try to smile as much as possible ;)))

Reactions: Ebm

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There’s already a thread of folks hacking/retrofitting the new 18 digital dash into the 15-17 model, so its going to be an even easier swap into an 18 that didn’t come with it...

Why spend nearly $2k “now” just to have a digital dash that will be soon available to swap from an eBay, Ford Parts over the counter or junkyard purchase?

If you do a build for an 18 EB Premium w/Performance Package, w/200a, it kicks out to be $35k and change... and that gets you a really decent vehicle.

Or you can go wild and spec out an EB, with Premium, with Performance Package, and all the “bling” (ie: magnaride, digital dash, upgraded SYNC/stereo, security, etc, etc) and by then, sure as hell, you’re already surpassing the $44k mark... when we all know, that “bling” can be had for far less on the open market AND retrofitted to the same chassis/vehicle just as the 15-17 owners have done w/same said Ford 15-17 parts upgrades.

Buy smart....

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Its a little over 5$ / gallon now. Yeah i love the eco but had the chance to trade in for a Canadian gt for no extra cost. I try to smile as much as possible ;)))
I'd say that is one heck of a deal. How for no extra cost? lol

Sponsored
OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s already a thread of folks hacking/retrofitting the new 18 digital dash into the 15-17 model, so its going to be an even easier swap into an 18 that didn’t come with it...

Why spend nearly $2k “now” just to have a digital dash that will be soon available to swap from an eBay, Ford Parts over the counter or junkyard purchase?

If you do a build for an 18 EB Premium w/Performance Package, w/200a, it kicks out to be $35k and change... and that gets you a really decent vehicle.

Or you can go wild and spec out an EB, with Premium, with Performance Package, and all the “bling” (ie: magnaride, digital dash, upgraded SYNC/stereo, security, etc, etc) and by then, sure as hell, you’re already surpassing the $44k mark... when we all know, that “bling” can be had for far less on the open market AND retrofitted to the same chassis/vehicle just as the 15-17 owners have done w/same said Ford 15-17 parts upgrades.

Buy smart....
AN EB Premium, 201A, 10SP Auto, Performance Pack with Magnaride is $37500 on x-plan not 44k. Add Safe & Smart and Security (basically fully loaded) and you are at $39400.

From what I understand the parts for the digital dash are around $1200+ so not really worth it to try that route in my opinion. Plus it comes with heated steering wheel and upgraded interior trim as part of the package.

As a side note. GT Premium, 10SP Auto, 401a, Active Exhaust (pretty much lowest I would be happy with) is $42,400. So about $5k difference over how I would spec the EB. EB I would need intercooler, catch can, maybe exhaust so that adds about$1500 once installed. Both would need lowering springs and probably wheels. So net is about $3500 difference in the price of the two models based on how I would spec them,. If similarly specced it would be about $10k (meaning adding PP and Magnaride to the GT).

OP
OP

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So got my insurance estimate today on moving from EB to GT. Was told about $150-175. Annually. Not nearly as much as I thought. My dealer has an 18 GT premium with auto in. I am going to take it for a spin this week and see how it compares to the EB. Never driven a GT so looking forward to it.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I just installed the Ford Performance Borla Axleback which more than satisfied my need for more exhaust growl. ONLY ‘18 EB option that interests me is the heated sterering wheel but I have some awesome winter driving gloves.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
But I usually get bored and start looking for something new around 36-48 months.
One of the primary reasons we have a booming car manufacturing industry in America.

My brother hasn't driven the same car for more than 18 months in nearly 40 years. Car makers love him!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'm not thinking of the 2018.... saving my cash for the 2020 or 2021 EBM... Change up the body, new engine(s), electric, etc... can't freaking wait. :thumbsup:

My 2015's been great... very fast with the Ford Performance tune... not even thought about the V8 (well, I had thoughts but that heavy engine in the front and no turbo dismissed the idea for me)... I simply love the turbo sound now! Heard another EBM in traffic and it turned my head. The turbo sound is great. Plus I have the mf mufflers... sounds good to me.

Gas mpg varies on these cars... I took two 800 mile trips... one I did around 21 mpg and another 28.9... depends on how you drive! Want to drive in S, drive aggressively, and blow past everyone? That will get you to 21 quickly.

EB is a nice car... still loving mine.
Sponsored