15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hello guys,
Here is an amateur question to y'all. I have decided I need more sound from my ecoboost. I do not want to change the entire exhaust set up. I need good deep sound when starting/idling and not a rattling kind of noise when driving / cruising.
What kind of set up would you guys suggest? I have hit 30k miles mark, if that is something to consider and have no other mods like CAI or tune ups or anything.
Appreciate your advices.
2015 Ecoboost PP
-Hemanth
I had the same desires are as you sound wise. After lots of research and listening to sounds, I ended up with the Magnaflow Street Cat-back. When idling, you get a nice deep rumble. Under acceleration, you hear that deep exhaust note Magnaflow is famous for and you cannot hear the fake sound coming out of your speakers. While driving at a steady speed, you do not hear the exhaust. The cat-back has the advantage of being bolt on and no resonator where as the axle-back requires cutting and possibly welding plus you still have the resonator that restricts the sound.

The manager of the place that installed it owns a 90's Mustang Cobra and he gave the exhaust sound a thumbs up.
Sponsored

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Hey guys, just doing a quick review on the agency power catback before I sell it.

I'm gonna start off with Agency Power, these guys are great. I dealt with Branden when placing my order and he was able to put a hold on my order while I was out of town and then send it when I told him I was back in town. He always replied fast and answered all my questions. The shipping was pretty fast too, I believe I told Branden I was back in town on a Monday and I had my exhaust by Wednesday morning (then again it shipped from Arizona to California).

The exhaust came in packed pretty good and had no damage whatsoever. The exhaust came with one Y-pipe, two mid pipes, two muffler sections and 5 clamps for the exhaust. I have no complaints about the way they shipped, in fact they did a pretty great job compared to some of the other parts that i've bought before (cough cough MMD Grille from American Muscle came in a half destroyed box but luckily it had no damage).

The install was pretty easy once you got the huge stock catback off. The agency power catback comes in around 32lbs and is way lighter than the stock catback. It took me an hour of fiddling with the exhaust to get the tip placement to where I wanted it. The left tip is slightly lower than my right one but this might be due to my Steeda Billet sway bar mount. If I were to adjust my left exhaust tip upwards, the exhaust would make contact with my Steeda sway bar mount but its not big deal because the two exhaust tips still look more or less even.

The exhaust isn't overly loud or obnoxious, but it is loud. Right after installing it, I could not handle the exhaust because it was really loud and had tons of drone. After disconnecting the rear ANC mic and letting the exhaust break in, it was much better and really only droned when engine braking from 4k to 3k or if you stayed around 2000 RPM's in 6th gear. The exhaust has a nice amount of backfires and while they're not visible you can hear it from the outside of the car but I couldn't really hear it backfire from the inside. On cold starts, the exhaust is kind of loud but then it calms down as the rpm's drop. When warmed up its got a nice deep rumble at idle. The tone of the exhaust is pretty smooth too.

My overall impression is that the exhaust makes the car sound really good outside of the cabin, but inside of the cabin it sounds ok.

Now heres what you all came for, the exhaust clip of the exhaust (sorry I don't have any fly by's I don't have good enough recording equipment).

[ame]

Last edited:

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Anyone know if the difference between the magnaflow street and race versions is noticeable? I currently have the magnaflow street catback on my ecoboost but am looking for a little more volume.

Also, if the difference is noticeable, what are the odds someone would buy my used exhaust off me? Is that something people do?

Aaron_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M/T PP 2.3 EB
Damn .... that Tomei system drops 45 lbs? Lol thats 5hp by itself....

Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Just found a little teaser of the ARK exhaust, been waiting to hear this one on the EB for a long time and I'm not sure what to think about it ATM... my neighbors gonna hate me if I buy this one!

[ame]

badhaircutted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Here's my personal clip of my tomei expreme titanium exhaust. Cold start first followed by a warmed up rev to about 4k-4500 rpm. It's SUPER quiet while cruising, almost no drone on the highway.

Plus it weighs 13 lbs.

[ame]

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I don't think I posted this latest video here... but here it goes. This is the full MBRP setup (DP all the way to the exhaust).

[ame]

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Beast mode [MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION] :headbang:

Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
@ BoosTang23T

To be honest this setup sounds deeper in person. Thanks for the video!

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
@ BoosTang23T

To be honest this setup sounds deeper in person. Thanks for the video!
Yes!!!! Hard to get the real sound on the video/mic. The tone is much deeper and angry in person.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Here's my setup with the Flowmaster Outlaws. The first video is just the axle back. To be honest it was pretty quiet/tame. Not nearly as much turbo noise or gurgle with the resonator still on, but if you want a more tame/no cabin noise setup that's the way to go.

The 2 last videos are after the y-pipe install. Far louder. Much more turbo noise. Gurgles and backfires like hell haha (I actually scared the shit out of myself the first time I back fired at like 6200 rpm.) Lower RPMs are pretty damn deep for a 4 cylinder, and it gurgles like crazy. Gets a ton of compliments for an eco. It DOES get pretty crazy when you lay into it though. Definitely not a quiet setup by ANY means. Pick your poison really. The RPMs were kept pretty low 2500-3200~ just because I was next to my apartments and it gets incredibly loud.

Edit: The last video is more indicative of the sound after the entire setup had been broken in. The second video still sounds pretty clean with very little gurgle. After being broken in it's FAR more aggressive, and the third was taken last week.
[ame]
[ame]
[ame]

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
Cold start with Hooker blackheart catback muffler delete, black tips
Its pretty loud. Does drone quite a bit at cruise speed, which is annoying. I am going to try some boom mat in the truck first, if that doesn't work get a resonator welded in.
[ame]

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Rev 9 catback.

Sponsored