Sponsored

Ford GT, Mustang GT4, RTR Mustang to Headline Ford's 2017 Festival of Speed Lineup!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
There's going to be a great Blue Oval lineup at the 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed this year. The Ford GT and Mustang GT4 will both be making the hillclimb, the latter driven by Billy Johnson.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. will also be there piloting his RTR Mustang for Goodwood’s first Hillclimb Drift Championship.

The FoS takes place from June 29 to Sunday, July 2.

Brand new GT and Mustang GT4 to headline Ford's 2017 FOS lineup!

ford-mustang-gt4.jpg

From three-pot screamers in the new Fiesta to the 216mph Ford GT road car – the fastest fast-Ford ever – the Blue Oval’s FoS focus this year will be very much on performance.

FoS will be the first time fans can see the new GT road car in the UK. Thought to cost US$450,000 each, the supercar sold out long ago and only started reaching customers’ hands in January.

With 647bhp from its 3.5-litre Ecoboost V6 the GT road car is a lot more powerful than the race version that won its class at Le Mans last year. For FoS, Ford’s answer to Ferrari and McLaren supercars will be driven up the hill by Ford Chip Ganassi team drivers Andy Priaulx and Harry Tincknell.

Also sure to fly up the hill will be the new Mustang GT4, the turnkey race car unveiled late last year to take part in GT4 racing around the world. Powered by a 5.2-litre V8 and based on Shelby GT350R-C, the ‘Stang GT4 aims to offer privateer racers a more affordable package in the professional/amateur class. It will be showing what it can do at FoS in the hands of Ford/Ganassi team driver Billy Johnson.

There will be more Mustang action in the form of the RTR version, expertly steered by drift star Vaughn Gittin Jr, in the new-for-2017 drift competition.

Real-world Ford fans aren’t left out with the UK debut of the new Fiesta, though alas not yet in new ST200 form for which we will have to wait until next year – no hardship perhaps since the current ST200 Fiesta continues to win driver’s choice awards. The sporting emphasis continues on the Ford pavilion with Ford Performance-inspired ST Line versions of Focus, Kuga, Mondeo – and, for the first time, an ST Line S-Max family wagon.

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event...ustang-GT4-to-headline-Fords-2017-FOS-lineup/
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good info, thank you, Jarstang! :cheers:

I'll be there on the Saturday, so will be sure to post up photos afterwards (although the crowds mean its tough to get good shots).

Really hoping to see the '18MY Mustang in the metal there, too, although its clearly not mentioned here.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
My buddy Billy will certainly put on a good showing for the new GT4.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a bit of his signature victory lap drifting thrown in for good measure....which is always a crowd pleaser!

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know which rear wing is being ran on the GT4 Mustangs?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Does anyone know which rear wing is being ran on the GT4 Mustangs?
They run the one that was homoligated through the SRO when they were accepted as a GT4 participant. Looks like this:
ctscrace.jpg

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Come on Ford you can't tease us like this. If you are going to officially demo the GT4 in the UK you should at least offer the gt350 here too. I'm not even asking for rhd, an official lhd import will be fine.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Come on Ford you can't tease us like this. If you are going to officially demo the GT4 in the UK you should at least offer the gt350 here too. I'm not even asking for rhd, an official lhd import will be fine.
Since the GT4 Mustang is a race car (not for street use, sold with no VIN) and destined to race all over the world in all SRO GT4 affiliated series, it will be soon, if it isn't already, available for purchase world wide. All you need is like $140K and a valid racing license, you can buy one.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I strongly suspect Ford uk will laugh themselves silly at that idea but it's worth a go. I shall ask my dealer to get me one

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I strongly suspect Ford uk will laugh themselves silly at that idea but it's worth a go. I shall ask my dealer to get me one
If you are really serious, I would contact Multimatic Motorsports at this point. I truly doubt that a road car dealer would be able to order them, though I remember seeing an ad for them from a big time Ford Performance affiliated dealer somewhere in the U.S. a month or so ago.
Technical info on the GT4 is here: http://multimaticmotorsports.com/multimatic-technical/ford-mustang-gt4/

Here is a better view of the spoiler for the guy above:
MustangGT4_800.jpg

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly I want a road car not a race car. I've converted a Maserati open cup one make series race car back for road use and put it through a TUV test in the past and I found that while exciting, they make truly terrible daily drivers. Far better to buy the road version upon which the racer is based. If only Ford would agree to sell them to us. [MENTION=9771]Andy[/MENTION]barret please take my money.

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
If you buy a Base GT, gut the interior so you can weld all the seams and install a roll cage. Then buy and install a new 5.2L Aluminator crate engine and sequential gearbox, upgrade the axles and the rest of the drive train. Next is suspension/handling, so install new shocks, springs, bushings, roll bars, wheels, tires. Now we're getting close, so install a GT350 carbon body kit, paint or wrap a cool racing seat or two, then test and tune everything you will be damn close.

Piece of cake, just figure on $50K+ in parts and if you don't do your own mechanical work, at least another $15K in labor. In the end it might be easier to buy the GT4 race car and transfer the VIN, tags, etc. from a wreck like the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" and drive it on the street, the next "000 GAL" only way faster and cooler.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)