Sponsored

Transmission Dipstick

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Has anyone got experience with the 6R80 dipstick or dipstick replacement kit? I might like to get the pieces and make my own; it seems the F150 version is not the best for adding fluid. Might be ok for checking it.
I am not a believer in 100,000 on transfluid. Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Either am I. In fact I dropped the pan on my Silverado, had a plug welded in, and put new fluid in at 30K, haha.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Has anyone got experience with the 6R80 dipstick or dipstick replacement kit? I might like to get the pieces and make my own; it seems the F150 version is not the best for adding fluid. Might be ok for checking it.
I am not a believer in 100,000 on transfluid. Thanks for your replies.
I have the kit from JPC but you can find the same one online everywhere. Been running it for a year now with multiple track days with 0 issues. It's very handy because I like to check my fluid before racing. That only negative with these is that they are not S550 specific so they don't really mount anywhere that makes them easy to access. I found a way that works for me by zip-tying it to something near the firewall.

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Rock! Thats what I expected. Not really called out for a Mustang. I think I can make one from a new piece of stainless hose with a purpose built mount to secure it.
I really want to hold the original pieces in my hand before I make a decision I guess.

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These parts

Dipstick.jpg

If anyone knows the part numbers would be great. Or the thread size. And any other dimensions! Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: