Sponsored

Anyone have a fix for NVH on driveshafts?

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I have searched and found where some guys used .125" shims under the trans bracket and said that that took care of it, some said rotate the DS 180* and that worked but has anyone just bought a one piece DS and it just flat out worked without any NVH? I just installed a brand new DSS unit and at 40 MPH it starts and then smoothens out. Up to 80 MPH we still good but after about 85 MPH it gets REALLY bad to the point the rear view mirror vibrates bad and the interior noise is loud as heck. Just checking to see what others have experienced and found to fix the issues. I know I cannot go back to the stock unit as I am getting ready to put on a twin turbo kit for 800+ rwhp and looking for low 9's.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Stang-15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I bought a used DSS shaft for a manual, installed it and have not had a single issue. I have also read that some people believe that if you have aftermarket half shafts (which I do), you are less likely to experience any issues. I can't speak for anyone else, but for whatever reason my DS swap has been trouble free.

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
Keep indexing it one hole at a time till you find the position of least vibe. Start at the pinion flange. Then go to tranny end. After that it's balancing by adding washers under bolt heads. Two grams makes a huge difference here. I and others have many posts in the vibration thread. Study them and go after it. You'll get it. Just takes time and patience.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Dynotech here no issues...

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
I'm thinking of swapping to dyno tech driveshaft and ford performance half shafts over the DSS components I have now. Not sure which I'll swap out first tho... I get a light vibration around 70mph. Not bad but annoying to me. I've turned my ds a couple times but it's still there slightly. I'm just lazy I guess and wanna try something else

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Im sorry Im a little late to this thread but its clear the OP probably needed a custom balance of that driveshaft which would explain the NVH at high RPM's.
Sponsored