Sponsored

Anyone running the Bama E85 Flex Fuel tune?

Pistons132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
So anyone running this puppy? I have it on my Rev x tuner but haven’t flashed it to my GT just yet. I wanted to know if there’s any certain requirements to meet before running the flex tune?
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have one but have never run it before. I got it out of curiousity and I was already a free tunes for life member so I asked for one. But as of right now still running the Lund flex fuel tune.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Tagged for two reasons. 1 - to see how their FF tune performs. 2 - incessant hatred towards Bama from people who have no clue what they're talking about (to the few who do, I apologize in advance ;) )

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I'm running it.

no requirements as far as I know.

I will say that the easiest way to transition from E10 to E85 is to run it down pretty far, put about 3-5 gal of E85 in, run it down again, put another 3-5 gal in, run it down one last time, then fill up with E85. If you try to data log with a mix, you won't get a good tune because you'll be on E60 or E70 or something depending on how much normal gas was left over.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
oh, they told me that they recommend injectors first, but that it will work without that upgrade, you probably just run the risk of fuel starving... So far, I haven't had any issues, but it's only been about 2 weeks.

It smells DELICIOUS though.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
oh, they told me that they recommend injectors first, but that it will work without that upgrade, you probably just run the risk of fuel starving... So far, I haven't had any issues, but it's only been about 2 weeks.

It smells DELICIOUS though.
Can you comment how it runs/drives?

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
runs and drives fine. I don't put a lot of faith in non-empirical measurements of power or performance, but it feels fast. With mail order tunes, making the time to do your data logs is the only way you can expect a good tune... I'm not there yet, but I'm about to do my first wide open throttle log, so hopefully that will help me know more about where I am.

I did a 0-60 test in the car and got a 2 tenths faster time, for what it's worth... I haven't had much time to practice launching or anything, so take that with a grain of salt. I think this data log will tell more about what's going on than the in car acceleration test.

OP
OP

Pistons132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
Interesting! I will try it out soon! Have you guys noticed that Shawn does a little better with the tunes than Cody? I had this other guy that did a tune for my Pmas intake when I installed it but the tune was trash so I requested another one. The guy had the global spark at -14 lol.

Back on topic, how does your car idle Robert? Does it start up normally? And how about your mpg?

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I have Luis tuning my car. Like I said, we're still working on the tuning, so hopefully we can squeeze some more power out.

The car idles great once it's warm. It definitely does not start up like it used to. Takes a second or 2 to crank on cold start and then idles at 1800RPM for about 20 seconds if I remember the log file correctly. It's ridiculously loud with my Ford Racing Sport exhaust at 6:30AM when I leave for work. I'm sure my neighbors are thrilled. I'd love to tune the high idle out eventually. I went from 14-15mpg to 11-12mpg, so it went down, but not enough to offset the savings of buying E85 instead of premium!

and again, it smells SO good.

OP
OP

Pistons132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
But it eventually starts up right? I’ve heard that before. I’m wondering if I should upgrade the fuel injectors first.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I run E85. Cranking cold is pretty much the same. Of course Louisiana is a warm climate.

OP
OP

Pistons132

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
Im going to try it this weekend! Feel the difference or is it placebo?

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
not sure... I went straight to E85 so I'll be curious to hear your results.

by the way, I made another thread about my revs hanging on clutch in after accelerating... check it out and see if you get the same thing. It's really my only complaint about the tune other than it's not as fast as I hoped it would be... but isn't that true about all car mods... other than turbos.

Motopopo80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Izzak Hoch
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I'm running it.

no requirements as far as I know.

I will say that the easiest way to transition from E10 to E85 is to run it down pretty far, put about 3-5 gal of E85 in, run it down again, put another 3-5 gal in, run it down one last time, then fill up with E85. If you try to data log with a mix, you won't get a good tune because you'll be on E60 or E70 or something depending on how much normal gas was left over.
How are you liking the flex fuel tune thus far from Bama? I receive my tune this coming monday.
Sponsored