Sponsored

Texas Motorplex Friday New PB

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I got the chance to run my car for the first time since summer of last year. I've slapped on headers, a fuel system and gone E85 after doing my axles, driveshaft and street suspension but I'm still running a full weight street car (convertible) with 2 car seats which usually gets a laugh from the tower guys.

Went from a PB of 11.3 @ 124.4 to 10.546 @ 135.69. Still running drag radials and stock converter but I'm learning how to drive the car. A bigger stall is probably next on the list but not before the 1/2 mile event in Dallas in April.

Here's links to the three passes I made Friday night (from the stands and then from the driver seat). I'm no editor so I couldn't merge Mov and MP4 files or do an overlay of them so I listed them separate. I realized later I ran all Chevy stuff that night.

The fastest other legit full street car there was a 2016 Scat Pack Challenger stroked to a 427 with a whipple, fuel system, full suspension and slicks and his best of the night was a 10.65 which made me feel pretty good about "just a 302" lol...

Fun times. I've never been 10's in a car before and never cut a 1.6 until now. Lots of room to improve I'm sure but I'm happy for the moment!

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very nice! A converter and seat time probably gets you in the 9s. Hard to not like that! Might be the fastest car running around with 2 car seats! You could use the car seats and convertible to hustle some folks at the track.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
See you in Dallas next month! Hope to see some boosted Mustangs out there kicking some butt.

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
Congrats on the PB:thumbsup: Love the sound of the Whipple:eyebulge: on the inside car vids

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Circle D folks recommended a 2C 258mm and they’re probably right on. Just debating street driving quality afterwards because I’ve never driven a stalled car.

Sponsored

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Man those are good times. I haven't taken mine out. What rpm are you launching at?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nice. Don’t be afraid of a 3C or a 4C. I cut 1.5s with just Bolton’s on a 4C. The extra torque of the blower will make for a nasty launch on a 3800stalled car.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Man those are good times. I haven't taken mine out. What rpm are you launching at?
I’m just giving it a little gas at the stage point while holding the brake and then rolling into the throttle - not quite 100% on the gas until almost 2nd. I think it flashes up to about 1900 or 2000 rpm or so and sits there until I release the brake and give it gas. It happens pretty quick so it light be a little higher or lower than 1900 I believe.
Sponsored

Last edited: