Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
4.6 liter in the Corvette? More like 6.2. That was in the second paragraph. Kind of hard to take anything else they say seriously.

They get closer to right later in the story but still wrong at 6.4 L.
He then said it comes with a 6.4L as well lol..

Also Truck = Trunk?

tagorgia

Krazydog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Stupid Comparison!

If you believe this, then you probably have never owned a Vette. First of all, a new Grand Sport with a 7-speed manual stickers at $66,590. The fact that this tool compared the Mustang to a loaded GS is ridiculous. A Z06 stickers at $79K. That should have been the comparison. To get to the base content of the Grand Sport you need to load the Mustang to the gills at $50K plus. Even a regular Mustang GT loaded has terrible depreciation. The Vette has great resale. In my garage there is a 18' Grand Sport, my wife's Ecoboost 17' Stang and my dog car the Flex. I'll take the Vette over a Mustang every time. By the way, I'm a retired Engineer from Ford.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have no doubt the new Vette's are awesome but I can't put my 2 kids or my mountain bike in the back of a Vette and still get an exhilarating muscle car feel. Mustang is a perfect balance of performance and practicality.

Sponsored

tagorgia

Krazydog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Practical?

I have no doubt the new Vette's are awesome but I can't put my 2 kids or my mountain bike in the back of a Vette and still get an exhilarating muscle car feel. Mustang is a perfect balance of performance and practicality.
Nothing practical about a Mustang. My dogs are cramped in the back seat of a Mustang. You must have very small kids. a Mustang or Camaro back seat is useless. I've owned both.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I just tweeted at the author. Joked that I was going to suggest he fire his editor, but that he is the editor, so I can't.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Nothing practical about a Mustang. My dogs are cramped in the back seat of a Mustang. You must have very small kids. a Mustang or Camaro back seat is useless. I've owned both.
They are mostly useless, which is kind of like being mostly dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. Now if somebody's all the way dead, there's only one thing left to do. Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
This guy should not be writing car articles or possibly writing at all. Multiple spelling errors, incorrect specs. Wow...

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
New 17 GS 1LT manual $54K......MSRP $69K. That’s holding value .....not. New Vette coming out can’t sell last years model.
New 18 GT base with 301A and PP1 manual $35K........MSRP. $42K.
pick your poison. Vette still has the bat-mobile style with young people. It’s an old guys car who ride Harley’s.
C8 mid-engine comes out C7 will drop like a rock.
5 years ago comparing the two would have been a joke. Not anymore. IMO. I’ve owned both.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
If you believe this, then you probably have never owned a Vette. First of all, a new Grand Sport with a 7-speed manual stickers at $66,590. The fact that this tool compared the Mustang to a loaded GS is ridiculous. A Z06 stickers at $79K. That should have been the comparison. To get to the base content of the Grand Sport you need to load the Mustang to the gills at $50K plus. Even a regular Mustang GT loaded has terrible depreciation. The Vette has great resale. In my garage there is a 18' Grand Sport, my wife's Ecoboost 17' Stang and my dog car the Flex. I'll take the Vette over a Mustang every time. By the way, I'm a retired Engineer from Ford.
Camaros and the Vette depreciation is high as well.i will always take a Stang over the vette anyway.:ford:

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
I don't think anyone walks into that comparison without an understanding already that you're dealing with two very different automobiles. This seems like a fluff piece to pour out content, and it's written that way as well. It would be pretty impossible to take the comparison seriously other than it being presented as one guy's preference. Hey, I love the Mustang, too. I've never wanted a Corvette. But reading it, all I could think was:

the-dude.jpg

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
What a ridiculous article. A GT can't even take a Z51 let alone the more track focused GS.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
How big are your kids that they feel cramped in the back of a Mustang?
Sponsored