Sponsored

Any of you got a clear bra installed ?

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to protect my paint when the car arrives but am worried it's just not worth the money.

There are a good few Xpel installers around in europe but doesn't seem they have acces to 2017 or even 2018 Mustang cuts, this has me worried about the price. Even a full front will be upwards of 1800. But the peace of mind sounds so tempting to not worry as much about anything damaging the paint too quickly.

Won't be doing that many km's per year and mostly on low traffic days but all the horror stories about the thin paint (on any car these days) has me worried. Dunno still figuring out what to do.

Has any one of you done anything to protect the paint on your Mustang ?
Sponsored

scott6809

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
I went with the 3M Scotchgard Pro Series clear bra which has a 10yr warranty. I had it installed on the mirrors, entire front bumper, headlights and hood. It went up the hood about 55 cm. I paid $700 US.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Got the entire car covered with Suntek for a bit less than 4k€. Expensive but worth it. Been two years and no issues.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Watch a bunch of videos, order precut kits on flea bay, and have at it. I did, and it came out pretty dang good. So good that the pros (when they had to re-do the hood because it got replaced due to hail damage) thought it was a pro job. The hardest part was the bumper of course, but it is not rocket science, and pretty forgiving stuff. You will save 75 to 80%. You can get the kits made out of xpel or 3m pro on flea bay for about $350 or so.

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
If you are OK at DIY then have a go yourself. I played around with cheap clear wrap because I couldn't get large pieces of the expensive 3M stuff in Aus. I did the front bumper (twice), headlights, one third of the hood/bonnet, both fenders, both doors and both entire hips including over the windows etc (no joins). $200 and from 2 meters away you can't tell it's wrapped. Fenders are perfect right up close. I will redo it after 2 years and do it better. Practice makes perfect. Do some flat area first and get the feel for how it stretches with a heat gun. It took a day per section but I had the spare time. Easy to clean and no polishing etc. It will probably take a couple of days to remove and clean it up, but I honestly don't spend any time cleaning it now so I'm still in front.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If you install a clear bra on a MY18 does it give the front end a lift and squeeze it together a bit so it looks like a MY17?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I am looking to protect my paint when the car arrives but am worried it's just not worth the money.

There are a good few Xpel installers around in europe but doesn't seem they have acces to 2017 or even 2018 Mustang cuts, this has me worried about the price. Even a full front will be upwards of 1800. But the peace of mind sounds so tempting to not worry as much about anything damaging the paint too quickly.

Won't be doing that many km's per year and mostly on low traffic days but all the horror stories about the thin paint (on any car these days) has me worried. Dunno still figuring out what to do.

the cut layouts come directly from xpel manufacturer and they have the templates in for all 2017 and 2018 mustangs already so anyone that tells you they can't get the templates aren't proper expel fitters (or certified by them at least) I used a local place when I got my 17 and had entire front end done was about £400 for just the front bumper.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
15/16/17 should all be identical I would think. But yeah, as stated above, it is a software program that gets updated periodically. If they are in the business, they should have it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
15/16/17 should all be identical I would think. But yeah, as stated above, it is a software program that gets updated periodically. If they are in the business, they should have it.
roof and wing mirror cut outs are different due to sync 3 nipple on roof and little aero vanes on inside of wing mirror on 16's and later rest is same though.

OP
OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
the cut layouts come directly from xpel manufacturer and they have the templates in for all 2017 and 2018 mustangs already so anyone that tells you they can't get the templates aren't proper expel fitters (or certified by them at least) I used a local place when I got my 17 and had entire front end done was about £400 for just the front bumper.
Not all fitters have a cutter that can pre-cut the xpel, some just use full sheets and cut them themselves.

Visisted a shop and am going for a full Xpel cover, will set me back 4k. Pricey but the ease of mind should make it worth it.
Sponsored