2018 Mustang GT vs Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... go
:cheers:

Seriously, though, I noticed depreciation is starting to hit the Quadrifoglio pretty hard... barely a year old and I’m finding ones for $63k that sold for around $85k new. Few more months and these will be dipping into the $50s (oh, how I love depreciation :love: ). I know these are meant to be more of an M3/M4/C63s/RS5 competitor... but looking at the 2018 GT performance, doesn’t it kind of compete on their level too now (strictly performance)? Anyway, thoughts? I know Alfa advertises a 3.8 or 3.9 0-60 on these, but people supposedly get 3.5-3.6 stock. Curious how reliable these Giulias will wind up being too. :lol:
Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Performance wise, the Giulia is better, plus it has 4 doors, and it's gorgeous. You will get really used to driving it from the service department, but not to (you're gonna need a tow to get it there).

Seriously, it's an amazing vehicle, but I would never buy only lease. Plus, no manual transmission

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They are already plagued with reliability issues.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They are? I can’t seem to find much info either way the last time I checked.
They're brutal man. Even in car reviews people were seeing the check engine light come on after a weekend.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's an Alfa.

Even modern technology can't overrule the stereotype of the unreliable Italian car.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're brutal man. Even in car reviews people were seeing the check engine light come on after a weekend.
Oh, for some reason I thought that was a software issue that was already fixed via an ECU update and not a mechanical issue. :confused:

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Overall sexy looking car but not a fan of those quad tip mufflers. Interesting enough it does come with a 4 year 50K bumper to bumper warranty so considering how "unreliable" the car is, Alfa Romeo clearly disagrees.

Or maybe all the repair costs are already baked into the MSRP. :lol:

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Performance wise, the Giulia is better, plus it has 4 doors, and it's gorgeous. You will get really used to driving it from the service department, but not to (you're gonna need a tow to get it there).

Seriously, it's an amazing vehicle, but I would never buy only lease. Plus, no manual transmission

I drive by a dealership with these everyday and they look like someone mauled a pug with a golf driver IMO. Very ugly car in person. JMO.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Overall sexy looking car but not a fan of those quad tip mufflers. Interesting enough it does come with a 4 year 50K bumper to bumper warranty so considering how "unreliable" the car is, Alfa Romeo clearly disagrees.

Or maybe all the repair costs are already baked into the MSRP. :lol:
I can't imagine owning one of these out of warranty though. I hear maintenance is pretty expensive too.

I drive by a dealership with these everyday and they look like someone mauled a pug with a golf driver IMO. Very ugly car in person. JMO.

Hey maybe you like blondes where I typically go for brunettes!

Then again, I'm 100% Italian so you better believe there's a heritage bias haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't imagine owning one of these out of warranty though. I hear maintenance is pretty expensive too.

Hey maybe you like blondes where I typically go for brunettes!

Then again, I'm 100% Italian so you better believe there's a heritage bias haha
Yea, I saw somewhere, possibly a YouTube video, that a serpentine belt replacement was like $5k.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
$63K for a driveway decoration?

hmmm

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I spent a few years as a Chrysler service advisor and we had a Fiat dealership on the premises. Fiat owners are very unique to say the least and the cars are garbage. In some cases, expensive and fancy garbage, but still garbage none the less. You would laugh at the maintenance on both the 4C and the Giulia.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I want a Giulia badly. They are so beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen one on the road around here though. I guess Minnesotans are too practical. I'd love to find one used in 5-10 years if any of them still function at that age.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
They are already plagued with reliability issues.
Exactly, it's an Alfa, I know some Doctors that have them and they have quality issues. It may be faster but how much does it cost to mod one? I'll take the Mustang any day of the week.
Sponsored