Sponsored

CJPP Cobra Shift Knob

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just got here today....So typically I am totally not the type to ask for opinions or input on matters when it comes to looks. I know what I like that that's that. But I'm struggling with this one, so I'm reaching out.

Meh. Just Meh. What do you guys think? I like it from outside the car when you can see all the white and blue together, then it makes sense. Inside the car, it stands out too much. It's off. The interior is too refined to have this bright ass white knob there. Everything else goes together...except the knob. I think Iā€™d prefer a plain red one to match the starter button. But for now...just meh. Iā€™ll give it a chance though. I thought the old school white knob would be instantly cool, but...meh.
IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0144.jpg
IMG_0145.jpg
Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Just got here today....So typically I am totally not the type to ask for opinions or input on matters when it comes to looks. I know what I like that that's that. But I'm struggling with this one, so I'm reaching out.

Meh. Just Meh. What do you guys think? I like it from outside the car when you can see all the white and blue together, then it makes sense. Inside the car, it stands out too much. It's off. The interior is too refined to have this bright ass white knob there. Everything else goes together...except the knob. I think Iā€™d prefer a plain red one to match the starter button. But for now...just meh. Iā€™ll give it a chance though. I thought the old school white knob would be instantly cool, but...meh.
I would agree with your assessment completely. Knobs like that are abundant on the market. Quite a few on eBay, with and without stripes, etc.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've seen that style before. It looked just ok, that's why I passed it up. Did you consider a raceseng knob? They have a few awesome style and colors.

Here's the one I have that I got to match my blue stripes.
36780025382_7fd18ce3dc_b.jpg

You should only purchase something, and keep it if you really like it. IMO no point in spending money and not being 100% satisfied in the end. I'd just sell it on the forums and get one you really want.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
looks awesome

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Hi Galaxy - to me it isnā€™t the style of the shift knob at all that is ā€˜missingā€™ or ā€˜offā€™. Simply that the blue/white accent colors are absent from the cabin otherwise. I actually like that style of shift knob the best out of all I looked at (why i bought it lol). Maybe try accents that would match the stitching/badging in your ride vs. the exterior paint?

I kind of lucked out in that regard as my accent colors are red & black and the R has red interior stitching. I have the red/blk stripes version of that shift knob and the Lloyd mats to sort of ā€˜balanceā€™ the accents throughout the interior if you will.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Your assessment is spot on IMO.

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
I also have a Raceseng (Slammer) shift knob. This combined with Steeda's clutch assist spring makes shifting as smooth as Butter! (My is color coordinated) :thumbsup:

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks guys. Yup chitlin, I saw yours. If you didnā€™t know what color the car is, that one still works. So my next thought was just solid red, no stripes. The stock handle had red in it, the starter button is red and sitting right there, and my steering wheel stripe is soon to be red. If that doesnā€™t work, sticking with stock.

But I wonā€™t get another CJ knob. They advertise 3-4 weeks for this one and mine took 10, like everyone else I know. Iā€™ll get the red Ford one with GT350 on it. But it is a nice knob though.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Since you brought it up, does anyone here have the FP GT350 shift knob? (This one.) Iā€™m curious what itā€™s made of. A solid piece of black aluminum would get awfully hot on a 100-degree summer day.

EDIT: A further search shows itā€™s made of ā€œPremium Phenolic Resin.ā€ Off to search whatever the heck that is...

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Trying to judge by pics on the internet, the CJ looks to be a nicer piece, but descriptions say theyā€™re made the same (the Ford vs the CJ that is). Like I said, just donā€™t feel like being kicked down the road 10 weeks again. Found three of the Ford ones in red on Amazon ready to go. Iā€™ll report.

While chitlin was spot on, I think a white knob was meant to sit atop a long, chrome lever that says HURST down the side of it, LOL.

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Trying to judge by pics on the internet, the CJ looks to be a nicer piece, but descriptions say theyā€™re made the same (the Ford vs the CJ that is). Like I said, just donā€™t feel like being kicked down the road 10 weeks again. Found three of the Ford ones in red on Amazon ready to go. Iā€™ll report.
If you haven't ordered it yet, they're a lot cheaper here. Same part number.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
White with black detail would be the ticket there..The cue balls are my favorite. If only they where weighted right. Ive had a few different ones but always end up putting the Boomba knob back on.

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
I have one and love the look. I don't care for ther ergonomics of the big round ball. The thing is I really love leather shift knobs. My other 2 cars have leather and a more ergonomic shapes that, to me, make it easier to" flick" in gear when driving around town in traffic.

Last edited:

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Since you brought it up, does anyone here have the FP GT350 shift knob? (This one.) Iā€™m curious what itā€™s made of. A solid piece of black aluminum would get awfully hot on a 100-degree summer day.

EDIT: A further search shows itā€™s made of ā€œPremium Phenolic Resin.ā€ Off to search whatever the heck that is...
I have a the FP GT350 black one. Like a billiard ball but a little more plastic feel. I like it.

My car will have blue stripes and I wanted to give a subtle nod to that on the interior. So I ordered a leather steering wheel with blue stitching. I then took the FP shift knob and changed the GT350 logo on either side from white to blue. Subtle but effective. I would have preferred to do more of a red theme but I feel that is more for R models and mine is not.
Sponsored