Dealer is advertising my custom order?

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I was looking at the COTUS tonight and recently found that the days to delivery and arrival date had disappeared. I decided to google the VIN for giggles and found that the dealer is advertising my car, same VIN etc, as "coming soon" and "in transit"

Is this normal for them to be advertising the car?
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Not normal, I'd call them up and demand an explanation.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
I was looking at the COTUS tonight and recently found that the days to delivery and arrival date had disappeared. I decided to google the VIN for giggles and found that the dealer is advertising my car, same VIN etc, as "coming soon" and "in transit"

Even my EDD and arrival date has vanished.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

I think it is they auto list cars even if they are sold

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think it is they auto list cars even if they are sold
Yeah, I've seen dealer sites do this. The system automatically generates a listing.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Lots of dealers have an automatic advertisement of their incoming inventory, I would not be too worried about this.. but I would call them just in case and make sure all is well.

When I was looking for an R, some of these dealers would have their R's pop up in their "for sale" webpage, and the prices were usually advertised at MSRP.. Every time I called a dealer, they said the car was "sold" or that the ad was a mistake that was automatically placed.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Most likely the ad was auto placed and can still remain on the website for a few days even after you pay for the car (as was in my case). Just confirm to double check as others stated.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Mine was advertised on the website as in transit. You have your paperwork in order, yes?

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
My GT350 was not custom order but I put a deposit on it 2 months before it arrived. The dealer kept it on their website even after I took delivery. Assume they do it to generate interest.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mine did the same but they're super johnny on the spot about stuff and hid the listing. But this dealership is literally one of the best in customer service in the nation. Just call and politely inquire. No biggie.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
...found that the dealer is advertising my car, ... as "coming soon" and "in transit"
My dealer also did that. I asked about it when I saw it and they said they are NOT trying to sell it, just using the advert to try to bring in some traffic to their lot to look at other 350s they had. I was OK with that. FWIW

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
^^^ And THAT is false advertising. They're advertising something for sale that they don't have.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Lots of dealers have an automatic advertisement of their incoming inventory, I would not be too worried about this.. but I would call them just in case and make sure all is well.

When I was looking for an R, some of these dealers would have their R's pop up in their "for sale" webpage, and the prices were usually advertised at MSRP.. Every time I called a dealer, they said the car was "sold" or that the ad was a mistake that was automatically placed.
^^^This. I was calling around looking for a 991.2 GT3 and found the same thing. Every time a car would pop up, I'd call and the dealer would say the car was allocated, there is a line of people waiting, and the listing is an error.

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Thanks for the input.
It’s ridiculous how much emotion is involved in this purchase.
When I saw the car posted it reminded me of being 16 and catching someone checking out my girl because she was hot hot hot. So absurd.

Talked to my dealer, he’s calling his rep to check the status of the build because my days to completion disappeared. Mentioned the add and they seem auto generated. To be honest the dealer should let others know the car is coming even though it’s spoken for because I’m sure people back out all the time. Just smart business on their end.
Sponsored