Still need help with FI

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Mods in sig.... I really wanted to do TT but I'm pretty sure it's not going to work with my current setup. I would like to keep what I have and add to it. Paxton?procharger?what should I do?! I want more power but I would like to keep the CJ mani but it's not a necessity. Thanks for your help. I'm not real savvy with the FI world. :headbonk:
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Keeping everything you have, yes Centri blower will allow that (I see you have Comp Stg 3 cams...I cannot comment on how they would play with a FI set up)

Procharger or Paxton are both solid choices.

The new ‘X’ series procharger blowers look tasty, and the trusty Paxton 2200sl makes some real impressive numbers too.

I’ve had both setups on my car (Procharger first, now Paxton) and both are great kits. I only switched it up because I went NA for a while due to car sharing with the wife, then sorted that issue out and decided to try Paxton second time around just for fun.

All comes down to the tune as far as how happy you are with the kit...after I switched to a custom tune on the Procharger it drove like a totally different car.

Good luck in your decision! Can’t really go wrong with either, both are solid kits.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Keeping everything you have, yes Centri blower will allow that (I see you have Comp Stg 3 cams...I cannot comment on how they would play with a FI set up)

Procharger or Paxton are both solid choices.

The new ‘X’ series procharger blowers look tasty, and the trusty Paxton 2200sl makes some real impressive numbers too.

I’ve had both setups on my car (Procharger first, now Paxton) and both are great kits. I only switched it up because I went NA for a while due to car sharing with the wife, then sorted that issue out and decided to try Paxton second time around just for fun.

All comes down to the tune as far as how happy you are with the kit...after I switched to a custom tune on the Procharger it drove like a totally different car.

Good luck in your decision! Can’t really go wrong with either, both are solid kits.

Cams will work AWESOME with FI.... trust me.... more to come...:cheers:

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Procharger install was cake and with a good tune you will make great power. Shawn at AED posted some badass results with a procharger on 93 with just intake cams. Close to what I made on e85 with stock cams.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I went with a Wastegated Procharger. Best of both worlds IMO.

The wastegate gets you PD-like power delivery, while still keeping many of the benefits the centri has.

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Go with the x series procharger blowers, they are just plain nasty. Turn it up and wastegate it. P1x is good to 850 hp and the d1x is good to 1000hp. Not to mention easiest install and 100% reversible.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Saywhen, with your mods, you will be hauling some serious ASS if you add a Procharger or Paxton (or another centri, they all kick ass). I wouldn't fool around with a PD blower since you already have the Cobra Jet IM. A friend of mine installed his Procharger himself and had literally no issues and loves the sh*t out of it. Get a centri, install it yourself, save a good amount of coin, keep your intake and be ready for your facial muscles to hurt from smiling so much every time you get on it. The forced induction world is an awesome thing.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mods in sig.... I really wanted to do TT but I'm pretty sure it's not going to work with my current setup. I would like to keep what I have and add to it. Paxton?procharger?what should I do?! I want more power but I would like to keep the CJ mani but it's not a necessity. Thanks for your help. I'm not real savvy with the FI world. :headbonk:
Hello,

By the look at the mods you have, we see no real reason to be deterred from a twin turbo system. You can keep most of what you have, and the crushing power and torque of a TT kit can be delivered to the tires !:headbang:

Please message or email us if you have any other questions, we would be happy to help.

505-873-4670
[email protected]

Team Hellion

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hellion twins would love that manifold

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
How bad will my injectors hold me back on FI setup? Let's say I keep the 47# and don't add a BAP.

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
How bad will my injectors hold me back on FI setup? Let's say I keep the 47# and don't add a BAP.

New injectors are a MUST! Go 1300's and Fore System and don't look back...

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
You’re going to need larger injectors and a return fuel system to go FI...it’s part of the total package needed to fuel the horsepower blowers/turbos make.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
I see

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
i would leave the car on motor and beat the hell out of it. When you add forced induction you will start to find lots of weak points that tend to take the fun out of it. Also most of the forced induction stick cars are barely in the 10s. You can do that without the charger. If you are ok with dropping money on the kit, fuel system and parts you will break I say go for it.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Fuel system isnt required unless going E85. But larger injectors and a BAP are definitely recommended otherwise you wont be able to gain very much power to make it worth the cost and time.
Sponsored