Sponsored

supercharger

shaky01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
hi guys I am new to this site , I was wondering if some of you could help me , I was thinking about buying the new GT500 but recently found out it may not be available in the uk , therefor I have decided to go ahead and fit a supercharger on my 2016 s550, what I need to know is
1 what kit do you advise
2 where to purchase it from either Uk or Us
3 do I need to change anything on the engine , like rebuild the bottom end or is it strong enough already to take the kit

any info will be great thanks
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
hi guys I am new to this site , I was wondering if some of you could help me , I was thinking about buying the new GT500 but recently found out it may not be available in the uk , therefor I have decided to go ahead and fit a supercharger on my 2016 s550, what I need to know is
1 what kit do you advise
2 where to purchase it from either Uk or Us
3 do I need to change anything on the engine , like rebuild the bottom end or is it strong enough already to take the kit

any info will be great thanks
The simple answer to your questions is to find out if the Ford Performance kit is sold in your country. Then you can just have Ford install it, have warranty, and know your bottom end will be fine.

OP
OP

shaky01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
The simple answer to your questions is to find out if the Ford Performance kit is sold in your country. Then you can just have Ford install it, have warranty, and know your bottom end will be fine.
I was panning on fitting it myself buddy with the help of a friend who is a very good mechanic

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple Gen 3.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You will get different answers to your questions from everybody you ask. Alot of it is personal preference and opinion.

For #1 I would research the pros and cons of all the available systems, look at some dyno graphs and make your own decisions on which one you think is better. Personally I would recommend Procharger or Whipple. Whipple will have instant power delivery down low, Procharger will build boost with RPM. Personally I went with a wastegated Procharger. I liked that Procharger had low IATs, no heat soak issues, but added a wastegate to give it similar/sooner power delivery like a Whipple. best of both worlds, for me.

#2 I cant help with, but I would recommend Terry/Team Beefcake Racing if he offers international shipping. He has great packages/pricing and excellent customer service. [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION].

#3. Again, up for debate. But overall the Coyote is very strong and responds well to boost. The weakest link is the OPG/CG (Oil pump gears and crank gear). Which can shatter with raised RPM and power, although rare, it can be seen as cheap insurance to get it replaced as if they do go, it will cost you your engine. I upgraded them.

What trans do you have?

OP
OP

shaky01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
You will get different answers to your questions from everybody you ask. Alot of it is personal preference and opinion.

For #1 I would research the pros and cons of all the available systems, look at some dyno graphs and make your own decisions on which one you think is better. Personally I would recommend Procharger or Whipple. Whipple will have instant power delivery down low, Procharger will build boost with RPM. Personally I went with a wastegated Procharger. I liked that Procharger had low IATs, no heat soak issues, but added a wastegate to give it similar/sooner power delivery like a Whipple. best of both worlds, for me.

#2 I cant help with, but I would recommend Terry/Team Beefcake Racing if he offers international shipping. He has great packages/pricing and excellent customer service. @beefcake .

#3. Again, up for debate. But overall the Coyote is very strong and responds well to boost. The weakest link is the OPG/CG (Oil pump gears and crank gear). Which can shatter with raised RPM and power, although rare, it can be seen as cheap insurance to get it replaced as if they do go, it will cost you your engine. I upgraded them.

What trans do you have?
thanks for the advise , I have manual trans buddy
one question I forgot to ask is what kind of bhp would I expect to get after fitting a wipple to my s550 if everything else is stock

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
one question I forgot to ask is what kind of bhp would I expect to get after fitting a wipple to my s550 if everything else is stock
head to the UK section and ask one of the many charged people in there. think mac has the biggest one with 800+ but there's a few others with various levels, there's also a couple with roush chargers etc the only thing you won't really find on UK spec cars is the twin turbo kits as they require a lot of custom exhaust work to make fit and nobody really bothers (although personally I'd love a twin turbo kit if one of the yank suppliers would actually help make one for a UK spec)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Should be somewhere between 600-700rwhp. Add ~15% for bhp.

You may need to upgrade your clutch eventually after supercharging.

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've got a Mustang with a Whipple and it also had a Procharger before the Whipple. I prefer the Whipple. It will produce instant torque, but the gas mileage will be worse. A Procharged car can get close to stock fuel economy if you stay out of the rpm's, my Whippled car gets about 5 mpg's less than it did with the Procharger.

I would do oil pump gears and half shafts at the bare minimum with a supercharger. Roush Charger will be similar to the Whipple in performance characteristics.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I was panning on fitting it myself buddy with the help of a friend who is a very good mechanic
thanks buddy , any reason why , is this a common kit used by mustang owners
FYI, Americans don't use the word "buddy" a lot. That's more of a Canadian thing.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
FYI, Americans don't use the word "buddy" a lot. That's more of a Canadian thing.
And to add to this, don’t use “brotha”, that’s reserved for forum vendors. Lol.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
And to add to this, don’t use “brotha”, that’s reserved for forum vendors. Lol.

haha i noticed that too just put it down to American :) we use fella or mate or matey alot over here
Sponsored