Sponsored

Driving (not fog) lights

Nate B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Package
Not sure where to post this, Search turned up nothing...

I'm curious if anyone has done any research into replacing the factory fogs with driving lights, or otherwise finding driving lights to mount in or behind the grille. I'm talking something that lights up the stop sign in the next county. I'm talking Boeing landing lights caliber of stuff. I'm NOT talking blind oncoming traffic for no reason bling. I don't think offroad lighting bars are all that for distance, they're more flood lights (and entirely annoying), but I could be wrong (not on the annoying part).

Thanks!
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
RTR LED Grill?

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If it lights up a stop sign in the next county it will for sure blind oncoming drivers, won't it?

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you READ my post? No, not accent lights for part of the grille structure.
No, they're not just accent lights, they're running lights as well, have you seen the brightness of those?

OP
OP

Nate B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it lights up a stop sign in the next county it will for sure blind oncoming drivers, won't it?
The point here is to have lighting to supplement the brights, which are not lights you use when there is oncoming traffic.

OP
OP

Nate B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, they're not just accent lights, they're running lights as well, have you seen the brightness of those?
I have seen the brightness of those and if you're going to tell me that they illuminate anything more than the factory fog lights, let alone the standard low-beams, I'm going to tell you you're full of it.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have seen the brightness of those and if you're going to tell me that they illuminate anything more than the factory fog lights, let alone the standard low-beams, I'm going to tell you you're full of it.
Go ahead, tell me that. :headbang:
You said no blinding, but now you say you want to have more lighting than low beam, i.e. high beam. Man people have some weird requests some times.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nate B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go ahead, tell me that. :headbang:
You said no blinding, but now you say you want to have more lighting than low beam, i.e. high beam. Man people have some weird requests some times.
You know, maybe I didn't make it clear in the original post, that's entirely possible. Let me clear that up now, I'm looking for LIGHTING TO SUPPLEMENT THE HIGH BEAMS. These would not be intended for use if there is oncoming traffic. These would be intended for those dark country roads or any time when it's dark as shit out and there is not oncoming traffic to worry about. I'm not a teenager who wants every light possible on at all times because I think they look cool (they don't.) I like function, not stupidity. No, I don't want accent lights, which is precisely what those grille lights are.

Now, what are the chances anything useful comes of this thread?

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Not sure where to post this, Search turned up nothing...

I'm curious if anyone has done any research into replacing the factory fogs with driving lights, or otherwise finding driving lights to mount in or behind the grille. I'm talking something that lights up the stop sign in the next county. I'm talking Boeing landing lights caliber of stuff. I'm NOT talking blind oncoming traffic for no reason bling. I don't think offroad lighting bars are all that for distance, they're more flood lights (and entirely annoying), but I could be wrong (not on the annoying part).

Thanks!
Nate, I,m with you, our headlights are crap over here and I dred having to drive long distances at night and early mornings. (Kangaroos have no road sense and very unpredictable)

found this post of driving lights mounted into the grill,
something like this would be practical.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94997&highlight=lights+grill

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
OP
OP

Nate B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nate, I,m with you, our headlights are crap over here and I dred having to drive long distances at night and early mornings. (Kangaroos have no road sense and very unpredictable)

found this post of driving lights mounted into the grill,
something like this would be practical.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94997&highlight=lights+grill
Get some Baja Designs lights, get their universal mount that works in our fog pocket, but then wire them in with the high beams.

Edit:
Mounts: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/rally-innovations-fog-pocket-kit.asp
Lights: Any of the Squadrons
You, sirs (I assume), are what I was hoping for out of this site. Thank you! Your search-fu is stronger than mine, apparently. I am a little split on the looks of the grill mounted lights, even though that is the ideal location for long distance lighting. Been thinking about making a custom grill with lights mounted behind it that aren't so obvious , a little Mad Max/Roadkill style. Those factory mounts from Baja are looking mighty tempting, too.

Thanks again!
Sponsored