Sponsored

2018 without active exhaust?

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
Hey everyone,

I’m in the market for a 2018 Mustang GT premium and so far I’m finding this whole active exhaust thing frustrating. From seeing videos online I think it’s a great option at a great price but my issue is when looking nationally I’m finding it quite difficult to find mustangs where the dealer has selected that option! On the camaro I’d say 90% of the builds have the performance exhaust so it’s quite baffling.

My question is do I need the active exhaust on the 2018? If I don’t have it will it just sound like a stock 2017 which is very underwhelming. I’m totally fine not having it if the stock 2018 sounds great I just can’t find any videos with the stock GT exhaust!!

Any help or options will be very much appreciated
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
OP
OP

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
Not sure if I should start another thread for this but does anyone know what the 0-60 is in the auto without the performance package added? I read in order to achieve the 3.9 second 0-60 you need the auto and the performance plus package...am I correct?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
The active exhaust has a quiet mode but that only lowers the decibels on startup. Otherwise you have 3 modes (sport, normal and I forgot 3rd one).
Stock exhaust will be quieter no matter what and I’m sure will sound better than a 2017.

Auto with PP has stickier tires and a Drag Mode which helps get the 3.9. I’d get the PP no matter what.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Stock 2018 non-active exhaust is a night and day difference compared to the 2017. It has some balls. I didn't find it too loud either. It could speak up when you pushed it, but was otherwise pretty quiet. With an x-pipe, it is quite aggressive.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The active exhaust has a quiet mode but that only lowers the decibels on startup. Otherwise you have 3 modes (sport, normal and I forgot 3rd one).
Quiet mode doesn't just lower on startup, it's quiet throughout the rev range.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I drove one without active exhaust and two with... OP, find one with it or sit at a dealership and do a custom order (you can still negotiate and people seem to get as good or better deals when ordering), a dealership is also able to check nationwide to see if the car you want can be procured from another dealership or if one is already ordered/being built that they can get.
Without the active exhaust you’re seemingly stuck in the “normal” setting... but my god, that active exhaust in sport or track mode is just amazing sounding! Must have option IMO.

RegDir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium w/ PP
IMO, one of the three must-have GT options for 2018, along with PP and Magneride

OP
OP

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
thanks for ll the replies....So strange to me that the dealers aren't buying them with the active exhaust...instead i'm seeing a lot of them opting for the Navigation which to me which sucks!

I would love the magneride but not sure if its in my budget.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
thanks for ll the replies....So strange to me that the dealers aren't buying them with the active exhaust...instead i'm seeing a lot of them opting for the Navigation which to me which sucks!

I would love the magneride but not sure if its in my budget.
My dealer chose active exhaust over mag ride for most of their stock vehicles. Personally, I would take mag ride over exhaust settings.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My dealer chose active exhaust over mag ride for most of their stock vehicles. Personally, I would take mag ride over exhaust settings.
Sure, if magneride didn't cost over six thousand dollars. Active exhaust is like $850, you won't even notice that in a monthly payment.

Spectrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
The exhaust settings seems like a neat feature. If you are like me and work at a hospital or leave in the early morning hours or such then its a no-brainer for the price.

If that sort of thing doesn't matter to you, the first question is would you get an aftermarket exhaust or not? If so pass, if not then go for the active.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Sure, if magneride didn't cost over six thousand dollars. Active exhaust is like $850, you won't even notice that in a monthly payment.
It isn't much more if you are already getting PP.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
To your point, Spectrum, there are aftermarket exhausts in development made specifically to modify the OEM active exhaust system (utilizing the software interface), so really the active exhaust gives you more options either way.

It isn't much more if you are already getting PP.
That's the problem.
Sponsored