HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So aggravating. Plus, no cruise control.
On my 2016, I can switch to "regular" cruise in the Info Center. Did you try that to see if regular cruise would work even if the ACC sensor wasn't working?
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
My adaptive cruise warning pops up constantly and it doesn’t seem to work anymore but then it will out of the blue. It almost always tells me “collision warning not available” and cruise control won’t function.

I’m not sure who to call or how to fix it - I wish Whipple would step in and help us out. It’s the one thing about his kit that’s not a positive. Not that many people are affected though I guess since ACC isn’t that common of a feature.

If you unplug it, it throws an error code. I e been under the car a dozen times trying to adjust the angle but it’s blind mans work since I have no idea if I’m making it better or worse. I wonder if the dealer can adjust it properly?
Cutting the bracket without marking its position causes it to not be aligned anymore, therefore it should go to a dealer to do the alignment procedure.

It does fit, we’ve done a few of them. They fit with no changes with the aluminum tanks. The plastic tank, which is larger occupies some of the same space and therefore it takes some extra work to fit them.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It didn't even come close to fitting on my car, like I needed another 3/4 of an inch for the little keyhole thing to line up.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Installed by professional shop and works fine like in stock form.

Whipple dual fan heat exchanger.
I’m guessing since you have the dual fan/thinner heat exhmchanger you might also have the aluminum coolant tank? Or plastic ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I definitely ended up cutting the long bracket arm and reinstalling it to get it to fit. I’m at Ford right now getting the recalibration done. I’ll post up if it works or not but be warned if ours going to the dealer, their IDS took doesn’t warn them it’s going to flash the pcm it just says updating the cruise module and then package flashes the whole com to the latest stock software revision. So do yourself a favor and go the work bay and once they have it where it needs to be on the lift or bay, flash it back to stock First then let them work their cruise module update, then flash it back to Whipple or whatever you’re running. I told them specifically to NOT do anything to flash the pcm but it apparently caught their tech off guard when it did it. I wasn’t standing there for that, but that’s what he said happened.

So bring your tuner with you for sure. Will update this post plus the original for simplicity once I know if this was $110 well spent or not.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Dealer charged me $132, wiped my pcm that I was luckily able to restore, drove it around to calibrate it for 40 minutes and told me they’d need it for a day or so to try to figure it OT and that they’d have the tech read the manual on how to align it. Three and a half hours. And told me their tech had already spent too much time on it and for anything else he’d have to have him read the manual on what to do... Never popped the hood or looked at it or anything just did what I asked them not to, I recovered the pcm flash for them, and then they drove it 30 miles around town and no improvement. That’s frustrating.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Lol. Man that sucks. If they admitted they didn't know what they were doing... I would not have paid a dime..

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Cutting the bracket without marking its position causes it to not be aligned anymore, therefore it should go to a dealer to do the alignment procedure.

It does fit, we’ve done a few of them. They fit with no changes with the aluminum tanks. The plastic tank, which is larger occupies some of the same space and therefore it takes some extra work to fit them.
I wonder if updating the manual to tell folks to mark it before removing it or how to make it work or fit would be a good idea. It wasn’t in my manual but might have saved me a few hundred dollars and a lot of frustration since I don’t have PATS or IDS to reprogram - and I’m assuming most diy or shops other than dealerships don’t either. I might not have cut mine to fit if I knew what I knew now, even though it looks like it fits in he same orientation as before. I might have to buy a new sensor and bracket which is about $800 which is the cheapest I’ve found.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
I am almost done doing my Whipple install (plus OPG and crank sprocket) and realized that my sensor under the bumper support does not fit.

I emailed whipple and they said that even with the large heat exchanger it will fit but is a very tight space. I can't see this fitting after holding it up a few different ways unless I hack up the bracket.

Has anyone installed theirs and can you take a picture or two and post it up here to give me an idea what I need to do? I'd hate to hack up the bracket if I don't need to.
I have a Whipple stage 2 and my adaptive cruise control had no issues during installation or functioning after. Some pics might be in order...

John

Sponsored
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I have a Whipple stage 2 and my adaptive cruise control had no issues during installation or functioning after. Some pics might be in order...

John
are you asking for pictures of my setup or pictures of the Whipple recommendation? Pictures of mine are on first post - but wanted to be sure what you meant. I’m glad yours works that’s good news for me. It’s doable but I might have to get a new bracket or something. Did you have he large heat exchanger and/or plastic or aluminum coolant tank?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I’m 99 percent sure this issue is exclusive to the large HE. I am mystified as to how Whipple got theirs to fit. Like I’ve said many times, it’s not even remotely close to fitting in my car.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
are you asking for pictures of my setup or pictures of the Whipple recommendation? Pictures of mine are on first post - but wanted to be sure what you meant. I’m glad yours works that’s good news for me. It’s doable but I might have to get a new bracket or something. Did you have he large heat exchanger and/or plastic or aluminum coolant tank?
I have the regular HE and aluminum tank.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Holy s*** wow... had a coolant leak after taking it to the dealership (brought it home from dealer and parked it in my garage and left for Indiana for two days). Came home to a lake of coolant under the car. Then I remembered, hey I have a dash cam let me just see if something happened while it was at the dealership....

Let’s just say I saved about an hour and a half of footage that starts when the tech got in my car and started off screaming “God d*** it... F**K!!!” and then driving hurriedly into his bay.

He lied his ass off to me about just starting it up with that stock tune he flashed and shutting it off ten seconds later. Because then he started it up again and let it rev up real high and held it revved up at different rpms himself for a couple minutes in his bay. Then it wouldn’t start and stay running and some other stuff and then got on his computer and was asking other techs if they thought ford would for for a crank sensor if he wrote it up since the cars supercharged now, which makes me think the car threw a crank error code which he also didn’t tell me about.

There’s more but I spent the whole next day taking the blower and fuel system apart looking for the leak. Found both of them and I think all the vibration and heat caused my front two hoses to start leaking because the engine valley was flooded with coolant and it lost about 1/3 gallon.

So I called the service director and just asked him to go talk to his tech and confirm his story he lied to me about with his “ten seconds and shut it off “ story, which he did and his tech lied to him too.

So I guess I’ll go up the Monday and bring him the video to watch together.

And the icing on the cake, after he drove my car around cussing out other drivers and not fixing my issue I came there for, he drove it into a parking block , cussed about that, backed up and turned the keys into the service advisor. He didn’t mention that either. I got out to my car and was wondering what I hit on the way home to have scuffed my lower valance and have a fresh white mark on it. I guess now I know.

This is why I don’t let other people work on my sh*t unless I absolutely have to. This was a simple repair and none of his needed to happen.

More to come possibly but waiting to post that video depending on what he says Monday.