Sponsored

Mustang oversupply?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I noticed that there are 2 GT Mustangs for sale sitting at Melbourne Toyota/Lexus for at least 3 weeks now and plenty for sale on carsales to. Are people, that are still waiting for orders re-negotiating price, or canceling altogether, possibly for MY18?
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer has had a consistent supply on their forecourt for several months.
FullSizeRender.jpg

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
There's a heap around and has been for some months, mostly autos though and almost all red, black or grey so if that's what you wanted it'd be easy to pick one up quickly.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
My local dealer has had a consistent supply on their forecourt for several months.
My Ford dealer said (when i first ordered my car) that they where only supplying confirmed buyers orders
from the states. That's what keeps prices/resale values up. Instead, Ford are up to their oversupply habits again and Mustang resale prices will suffer accordingly.

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
My Ford dealer said (when i first ordered my car) that they where only supplying confirmed buyers orders
from the states. That's what keeps prices/resale values up. Instead, Ford are up to their oversupply habits again and Mustang resale prices will suffer accordingly.
My understanding is that as of January this year the Dealers have been able to place orders directly as they would for any other cars. Looks like they took a risk and ordered a few too many, particularly in Victoria and WA if the current discounts in those states are real.

I don’t think it’s about people cancelling 2017 orders for the 2018, I think it’s more likely that almost everyone who wants (and can afford) this fairly unique car now has one. My local dealer has had 3 or 4 in stock for a few months as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
My understanding is that as of January this year the Dealers have been able to place orders directly as they would for any other cars. Looks like they took a risk and ordered a few too many, particularly in Victoria and WA if the current discounts in those states are real.

I don’t think it’s about people cancelling 2017 orders for the 2018, I think it’s more likely that almost everyone who wants (and can afford) this fairly unique car now has one. My local dealer has had 3 or 4 in stock for a few months as well.
Not everyone wanting one has one yet. People on this site are still waiting. Why? Go figure. Well, whatever the case, it's discount city now.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Not everyone wanting one has one yet. People on this site are still waiting. Why?
Well in my case it's because the colour and trans combo I want wasn't sitting on any lot I could find at the time. Why settle for something I don't want? Especially as I already negotiated a good discount?

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Well in my case it's because the colour and trans combo I want wasn't sitting on any lot I could find at the time. Why settle for something I don't want? Especially as I already negotiated a good discount?
Nice color. You will enjoy your pony after the wait.:D

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I was lucky enough to find the setup I wanted on a lot and got a great price for it, so there are some of us who did exactlty that!

Some by their more unique configs on lots seem to be cancelled/rejected orders, others (read: the huge amount of plain white ones) are probably bought as dealer stock IMO

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Can i ask what you guys paid? Were they auto/manual? 2017/2016?

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Brand new driveaway stock in Vic at $55k.
NSW dealer has one used at $49 k. Guessing he paid low to mid 4Os.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I'll also add that the Mustang is the best selling sports car in Aus by far, so dealers having stock shouldn't be too surprising, as the 2018 model gets closer that stock will go down a bit I suspect, and I bet they're already putting in orders for dealer stock as well.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
GT vert brand new $61 k driveaway on Car Sales.
Ford dealer close to home.
Sponsored