Sponsored

Speeding ticket

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I just got a speeding ticket in the mustang. I will say that even though I was speeding, I was just keeping up with the other cars. Had the cruise on and didn't think much about it til the lights were on.
I actually feel that I was being targeted because it's a bright red Mustang with tinted windows.
State trooper asked if I knew why I was being stopped. I was very polite and agreed that I was speeding, but that I was also just keeping with flow of traffic. I wasn't in the fast lane or anything. Even explained that I haven't been pulled over in like 15 years or more and never a speeding ticket.
No dice. Lol. Here you go sir
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
They can't stop everyone at one time. Maybe today he was only stopping red cars, tomorrow blue.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Your doomed, you admitted to speeding (big no-no)

Just pay up and move on.
If you have many stupid points, you need a lawyer to mitigate damages.

Sponsored

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I just got a speeding ticket in the mustang. I will say that even though I was speeding, I was just keeping up with the other cars. Had the cruise on and didn't think much about it til the lights were on.
I actually feel that I was being targeted because it's a bright red Mustang with tinted windows.
State trooper asked if I knew why I was being stopped. I was very polite and agreed that I was speeding, but that I was also just keeping with flow of traffic. I wasn't in the fast lane or anything. Even explained that I haven't been pulled over in like 15 years or more and never a speeding ticket.
No dice. Lol. Here you go sir
That sucks! Sorry to hear. The "red sports car curse" I guess.

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
1. You drive a sports car and red only makes it stand out more
2. you were speeding
1+2 = speeding ticket, accept you will get them or stop speeding. Still no guarantee.
then you can whine

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Never try to reason with a state trooper.. they give zero fucks and are only out to write tickets, the best thing you can do is deny any wrong doing and take it to court. There are lots of law firms that deal with traffic citations, a local one that worked for me was the Ticket Clinic Lol.. Went from $300 speeding ticket and points to charges dropped and a $80 lawyer fee.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Speeding Tickets

Buy a Ford Flex you can drive like a sports car and never get pulled over.
Trust me it is so unfair its not even funny how sports cars get pulled over so
often, yet moms in mini vans can speed and break the laws all day and not get
caught. I've seen teenage kids get pulled over and harassed by police officers just because they are kids in a car. I would imagine they make up any excuse to search their cars for drugs. Not that I blame them. Its all a manner of optics,
Police officers are looking for what stands out in a crowd - red mustang sports car - Oh Yeah I see you, every other car gets drowned out in the visual noise of every day traffic. Why do you think they use the color red on bulls? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear you got the ticket - Get a lawyer and try to get out of it, otherwise your insurance rates will go up.

:cheers:

:ford:

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
In New York you plead not guilty. You go to court and they have a guy that you meet before you see the judge. If your previous record is clean they reduce it to a non moving violation I just went through this in January and paid $160 and no points. It's all about the money.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry that you got a ticket.
However, I've noticed I'll be at cruising at 80, and not even notice (first Mustang GT). It really is easy to 'go fast' and not even notice and thus get caught 'speeding' :)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Officer: You know why I pulled you over?
Me: Because I let you.

True Story :D

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
This is why I bought the silver gt pp with the plain color and blacked out wheels I can honestly just park on the side of the road and watch cars go by and people slow down thinking I'm the 5.0 which I partly am ;) but police don't really target me in this car like my 06 red gt. Haven't been blue lighted yet. Knocks on wood!