Sponsored

2018 Australia

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
Hi All,

I now have a notional order for a 2018 with a deposit down with my local dealer. We are still a few days away from real order placing in the US, and likely a few months for real Global orders. The plan is just to have my order in the system the day it goes live for us here in Oz, and then wait 8 - 10 months. I am boldly expecting delivery July 2018.
Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I placed an order back in Feb. $1K deposit with an option to cancel should I choose, once final spec and pricing is available and orders can be placed on Ford Australia.

I'm a little more pessimistic than you. I'm assuming Dec 2018 delivery. I was no. 9 in line with my Dealer.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hi All,

I now have a notional order for a 2018 with a deposit down with my local dealer. We are still a few days away from real order placing in the US, and likely a few months for real Global orders. The plan is just to have my order in the system the day it goes live for us here in Oz, and then wait 8 - 10 months. I am boldly expecting delivery July 2018.
Provided the order system goes back to the old system and not via allocation like it is now.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Got my order and 1k deposit back in july 2016,dont expect delivery tll at least september onwards 2018.

Last edited:

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I have 1k down as of about 2 months ago.

What are we expecting RRP to be?

I'm just waiting to see how much the things going to be and if its out of control i might cancel my order and try pick of a Magnetic GT hardtop thats in stock for hopefully around 55k.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I placed an order back in Feb. $1K deposit with an option to cancel should I choose, once final spec and pricing is available and orders can be placed on Ford Australia.

I'm a little more pessimistic than you. I'm assuming Dec 2018 delivery. I was no. 9 in line with my Dealer.
Ford AUS communications manager, Martin Gunsberg, has said that the new safety features like AEB,lane Keeping aid etc, will be available here MID 2018. These are part of the new features of the Mustang upgrade. So, looks like new models will be here by then.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Well that would be a lovely surprise!
According to U.S reports, LHD production is starting Oct 2nd this year for a Nov release in the states. RHD production should follow soon after, making a mid 2018 release here, totally feasible. I would't even rule out april/may 2018.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
i am putting my money on march/april delivery for first 2018 cars in aus..

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
i am putting my money on march/april delivery for first 2018 cars in aus..
Only if you kick them in the guts and know how to get a great deal

OP
OP
Gibbo

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
Got a tip from my Ford dealer mate today that the 18 GT will come into Australia optioned up with all the PP "fruit" except magneride. He seemed unsure if it will even be an option for Au/Eu Mustangs, which seems strange. He also said the car will be "a couple of grand" dearer. Stripes and stuff extra over that of course.

Anyways, will be interesting to see if he gets it right.

Last edited:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Got a tip from my Ford dealer mate today that the 18 GT will come into Australia optioned up with all the PP "fruit" except magna-ride. He seemed unsure if it will even be an option for Au/Eu Mustangs, which seems strange. He also said the car will be "a couple of grand" dearer. Stripes and stuff extra over that of course.

Considering that our current spec is a partial Performance Package, it seems likely that a similar thing will happen with MY18 - a package chosen by Ford, rather than optional packages like the US get. Also given that we currently don't get any real options either, I wouldn't be surprised if its just one spec with only paint and wheels as the 'options.' The UK got a few choices with MY15-17 however, so you can always hope!

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Got a tip from my Ford dealer mate today that the 18 GT will come into Australia optioned up with all the PP "fruit" except magna-ride. He seemed unsure if it will even be an option for Au/Eu Mustangs, which seems strange. He also said the car will be "a couple of grand" dearer. Stripes and stuff extra over that of course.

Spoke to my dealer not long back,hinted we may get a possible 3 different option packages of the 2018 Model.
This would be nice if this happens.:thumbsup:

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat

Great info Gibbo. Any chance you could inquire if there will be a Ford factory supercharged version?
Sponsored