Sponsored

Roush phase 1

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
How close is the stock afr gauge on these cars. Mine drops to 10.4 to 10.8 at top of rev limiter
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I would not depend on that guage,check your a/f's in your logs.

OP
OP
Barney 5.0

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well data logged with sct tuner still 10.4 to 10.8 at rev limiter must be this stock roush tune

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
That in-dash gauge is fed by the same sensors that you datalog from...

Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
The roush tune is going to be safe and run rich. At least it's not the other way around.

OP
OP
Barney 5.0

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i would put the vehicle on the dyno and test the afr this way to be sure sir, if your local to us i dont mind testing it for you no charge to help out:thumbsup:
Thanks for the offer but I'm in wv. A little far away.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Not the first time I've heard the stock A/F display is not accurate. Mine has a major lag and read here from a Procharger rep that it's not accurate at the diplay, but the PCM obviously is otherwise our motors would be toast.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That in-dash gauge is fed by the same sensors that you data log from...
No its not,its a combination of a few guages,the wideband 02 sensors are one of the most accurate sensors to get a/f readings from,this is what all the tuners look at.Barney if u have sct look at the measured air fuel pid,that is what your a/f is.Dyno's are typically not very accurate either because the wand sits at the very end of the exhaust.Fuel trims and measured air fuel are two different readings.U should be looking at a reading of .82 or somewhere close if your looking at the right pid.For example my air fuels are about dead on at .80 wot,my a/f guage reads 11.1 to 10.9.

OP
OP
Barney 5.0

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No its not,its a combination of a few guages,the wideband 02 sensors are one of the most accurate sensors to get a/f readings from,this is what all the tuners look at.Barney if u have sct look at the measured air fuel pid,that is what your a/f is.Dyno's are typically not very accurate either because the wand sits at the very end of the exhaust.Fuel trims and measured air fuel are two different readings.U should be looking at a reading of .82 or somewhere close if your looking at the right pid.For example my air fuels are about dead on at .80 wot,my a/f guage reads 11.1 to 10.9.
Ok that is where it is when I looked thanks. Glad you mention about the o2 sensors. I was wondering same thing how do tuners tune the car with data logs if they weren't very accurate. So I guessing this roush tune is about right on afr then. Thanks
Sponsored