Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle's build - PWNIE 2.0 (The Red Ruby)

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Hello, I've been around for a bit, but never actually introduced myself.

I'm Danielle. 33 years old and married, living with Leukemia for the last two years. To introduce myself, I need to fill in the blanks of where I am, where I was, and where I'm going.

I had always been a Chevy/GM girl, and never really cared for the Mustang, but always appreciated them. But the 2013 model refresh, especially the new taillights totally sold me on the car, and I decided I wanted the combine the best of both worlds in the two cars I owned. A modded to the gills cammed '05 GTO and a stock (other than radio upgrade) '04 Beetle Convertible.

So we decided to custom order a '13 Mustang GT Convertible in Grabber Blue, as the dealerships weren't budging from their 20-25k markup on GT500 convertibles. It had everything but navigation (which I later regretted not getting). 401A, Shaker Pro, Brembo Brake Package (no GTPP on verts) the interior with the Grabber Blue inserts, etc.

It was my first brand new car since the GTO, so even before it was built I had a huge pile of parts for it. Enthusiastic isn't even the word. This was the pile of parts laying in my office for it:

This was it less than a year later in May of 2013:

So by the time I was done with it, this was the full build list:

California Special Upper and Lower Grilles
GT/CS Foglight kit with DDM Tuning 4300k HID bulb conversion
Roush front splitter
LED Switchbacks
black sidemarkers with white LEDs
White full-body LeMans Stripes
20% window tint
3D Carbon Spoiler
Boss 302 rear diffuser
Staggered 20" American Racing/Shelby Torq Thrust M wheels on 275/295's.
Originally had the GT500 axlebacks, but switched to a Borla S-Type catback.
FRPP K-Springs
Koni Orange Shocks
BMR panhard bar
Barton Shifter
JLT Intake
CDC Convertible Roll Bar
LoveTheDrive Wind deflector
SpeedDawg Grabber Blue/white striped shift knob
Billet Fuel Door
Bama tuned via SCT x3
Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna

Then roughly about $3000 worth of stereo upgrades. Polk Momo components all around, a single 12" sub from zenclosures replaced the stock Shaker Pro Sub, and a Kenwood 991-HD Navi deck that interfaced with the car to do various sensor outputs, TPMS sensors, etc.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but basically no stone was unturned, and the only thing left to do was a blower

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with cancer (leukemia) on February 19th of 2014, and everything changed. Little did I know that by the end of the year I'd pretty much be unable to work due to the effects of the chemotherapy on me, and the crap in general the leukemia did to me.

Late in 2014 we kinda realized that while we had gotten on for a long time with just one car and one motorcycle and we really needed to add something more practical to the family. "Practical"

Thankfully I was done with the Mustang until it was paid off, so we bought a Tangerine Scream 2014 Focus ST that was loaded with every option.

So I diverted my attention to the ST, which was good because I was having a really hard time with chemotherapy and so much had been taken from me physically. I had dumped a lot of money into the Mustang that summer on the audio build, and something new was great.

As it sits, this is it's build list:
CP-e Cold Air Intake
CP-e (Depo) Intercooler
Hottexhaust 3" Downpipe
Magnaflow Catback
Cobb Accessport with Protuning by PandaMotorWorks
Aftermarket taillights (the brand name totally eludes me at the moment)
Dipped stock wheels
Breedt Sound Symposer delete
Breedt Short Throw Shifter Arm
CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna
SpeedDawg Yellow Shift knob with black stripes

Then shortly thereafter, i finally had to face what my leukemia was taking from me. My life, my energy. I finally threw in the towel on my working career, I just couldnt' sustain it anymore, and needed some serious mental therapy to deal with my leukemia and the fact that I could die.

My amazing wife was working at the White House and obviously had a demanding job, so she wasn't around as much as she would have liked to be. In an effort to find better healthcare and to get me somewhere more "paradise-like" she accepted a job with the Walt Disney Corporation, and we sold our house and moved to Los Angeles, but we were just on her income.

Well long story short, LA sucked us dry financially, and our house in the DC area wasn't selling fast enough, so we needed to face reality, and well I wasn't working anymore, so my dear Mustang had to go.

I cried about it (real tears) for days. I still miss it even now. It was way ahead on the loan, so we didn't lose anymore money, but it started the tone of 2015, and it carried through the whole year. I hated California, I hated being stuck at home, I hated not having my Mustang, I hated the traffic, I hated the lack of rain ever, etc. There was plenty that I liked about the area, but so much more that I didn't, and her job @ Disney wasn't as exciting for her compared to her old White House and DoI gigs.

So we moved back to DC, she got a great job in a leadership role @ the Treasury Department, and she is finally happy again with her career. We're saving for another house, and financially, even though the salaries are close, the dollar goes SO MUCH FURTHER here in the DC burbs than it did in the LA burbs.

So this gave me an opportunity to get another Mustang. I'm still not working anymore, but the dollar goes that much further that we can afford it. I still need to figure out what's next for me in life. My leukemia unfortunately is a kind that doesn't go away, it's chronic, so for me there is no remission. What there is though is "having it under control". Thankfully it is in control, and I feel so much better than I once did, but working like I used to, just isn't going to happen, as much as I want it to.

So we ordered a 2016 Mustang GT Convertible. Ruby Red with the Redline interior. 401A, Nav, GT Performance Package (finally all the good shit in a vert!) OTT stripes, etc. every option available except for the ACC. I just didn't want to give up the fangs in the lower grille for it.

So this concludes my "intro" post. and now I can move into my first pictures of the Mustang and where I'm going to go with it.. (it arrived, it's here, just need the check from the bank to come in)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Car as it sits 8/6/2016

2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack Convertible with all options minus ACC
Ordered December 2015
Delivered January 2016.

January 2016:
Ford Racing Borla Touring Catback
Ford Racing Street Lowering Springs
SVE Series II wheels 19x9/19x10 on 255/40 - 275/40's
Blacked out GT badge on decklid

February 2016:
Diode Dynamics Switchbacks
Diode Dynamics reverse LEDs
Diode Dynamics LED sidemarkers
MGW Race Spec Shifter
Epco Shift knob in Ruby Red
LoveTheDrive Convertible Wind Deflector
Black 5.0 and Pony badges
Shorty Antenna
Steeda Cold Air Intake (possibly being replaced by Roush)

March 2016:
Anchor Room Headlight Corner Tint
Anchor Room Parking Lamp Tint
Anchor Room Reverse Lamp Tint
20% tint by DiazPlus of Ashburn, VA
Roush Front Fascia/Grilles/Splitter
Roush Hood Heat extractors
Roush Side Winglets
Roush Side scoops
Roush Windshield banner

April 2016:
FRPP Rear decklid panel
Roush Side badges
Roush Hood scoop
Roush Valve Covers
Roush Rear Valence
Corsa Quad Exhaust Tips
Roush style rear spoiler
Ford Racing Hood Struts
GT350R Steering Wheel
NGauge Tuner - Tuned by Lund Racing for 93 Octane/E-85/Flex Fuel

May 2016:
Reisch 170 Degree Thermostat

June 2016:
Mishimoto Coolant Expansion Tank
JPC Racing Valve Cover breathers
Modern Billet Chrome Oil Dipstick
Modern Billet Chrome Oil Cap
Modern Billet Chrome Brake Fluid Cap
Modern Billet Chrome Radiator Cap
Modern Billet Chrome Washer Fluid Cap

August 2016:
Texas Speed 1 7/8" Polished Stainless Longtube Headers (no cats)
Borla "Touring" catback resonator added to catback
i-89C568M-2560x1707.jpg

Last edited:

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Grats Danielle. Glad to see you get this even with all you went through. I lost my father to cancer few years ago and the treatment definitely can get the best of you. Hang in there and mod on. I wonder how black hood vents would look or if it would be too much. Maybe a black Stanginator badge for the front?

-SK

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
So here are the first pictures of the car. It has arrived at the dealership. We're just waiting for parts. Waiting for what? Yes parts. As a part of the deal, I'm starting things off with a bang. It will be getting the Ford Performance Touring Catback and the Street Lowering Springs. I figure, this way, I don't have to slowly save on my new tiny budget, it's already a part of a deal, since we're getting the car itself for 6k under MSRP. Already this car is special to me. It's my come-back from leukemia. Redemption for what was lost when I was at my worst. Unfortunately with one income now the budget is going to be significantly smaller, so it'll be dragged out much longer, but I'm frugal as hell when I can find a way to be.

Not even home yet until the parts are installed. Waiting to go on the car (parts I have) Blacked out GT and 5.0 badges and the full "tint" kit from Anchor room.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
these also arrived today, will be going on the car when warmer weather prevails.......

I have also installed my black "GT" badge for the trunk panel and my DD Switchbacks.

still waiting on my FRPP Exhaust and springs to come in so they can be installed at my local dealership.

I somehow think my MGW and wheels might be installed before that stuff even gets in.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Loved what you did with the 2013, that was a great looking car when it was all done.

Those new SVE wheels are nice too. Only problem is (Same as the 20" AR TT wheels) is they are so heavy. I know all about that as I have a set of 20" Boss 338's. Love the look and the deep dish but damn that weight!

By the way, do you do weight training? You look pretty buff.

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
supposedly the stock PP wheels are 33lbs each. The SVE wheels are 25lbs each.

As for the buff chick.. that's my wife, and she doesn't do weight training, but she does swim like every day and do triathlons and stuff. She came in 2nd in her class a year ago in DC's Nation's Triathlon.

She's stronger than me, and totally the one I ask to open the jar of pickles when I can't.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
supposedly the stock PP wheels are 33lbs each. The SVE wheels are 25lbs each.

As for the buff chick.. that's my wife, and she doesn't do weight training, but she does swim like every day and do triathlons and stuff. She came in 2nd in her class a year ago in DC's Nation's Triathlon.

She's stronger than me, and totally the one I ask to open the jar of pickles when I can't.
Wow I can't believe that's all those wheels weigh. What size are they?

And yeah, I could tell she is strong, not like a power-lifter, but fit.

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
stock wheels are
19x9 - +45mm 33lbs
19x9.5 - +52mm 34lbs

my replacement SVE wheels
19x9 +32mm - 25lbs
19x10 +42mm - 25lbs

Sponsored

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stock wheels are
19x9 - +45mm 33lbs
19x9.5 - +52mm 34lbs

my replacement SVE wheels
19x9 +32mm - 25lbs
19x10 +42mm - 25lbs
Ok yeah, apparently 25.3lbs as per LMR, and the price is great too:

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-56491653H/Mustang-SVE-Series-2-Wheel-19x10-05-14-Gun-Metal-Polished

Can you do me a favor though, and please weigh them yourself. Not that it's a super light wheel by any means, but that still seems pretty light for the type of wheel it is and not being flow-forged.

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
hopped on the scale for you..

fronts - 26.4 lbs
rears - 24.6 lbs

yeah, i shit you not. the rears are lighter than the fronts for some reason by a hair

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
as a side bonus, I lost a few more pounds.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen that before where the wider wheel of the same exact wheel is lighter. Something to do with how the build them with the offset. Seems like the listed weight is basically the average between the two. Anyhow, that's definitely a respectable weight for a 19x10 deep dish wheel that's not even forged or flow formed, and a big reduction from the stockers.