Sponsored

Kid steals a manual mustang and wrecks it

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
How did he manage to steal it? Must have broken into the dealer to get the key? Not like you can start it with a screwdriver.
My bet is that it was unlocked and the key was in it. The real mystery is who was on the camera and why? How did they know?
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
How did he manage to steal it? Must have broken into the dealer to get the key? Not like you can start it with a screwdriver.
Most of the stories I've read about theft from new car dealers have involved breaking into the dealership and getting the keys. There was a story a while back about a group who broke in and then stole multiple cars.

And who was recording him steal it?
I wondered that as well. You can hear a helicopter overhead from the start. Evidently the police helicopter spotted the guy in the dealer lot prior to this theft. Reading the YouTube comments it sounds like the poster monitors the police helicopter frequency and then tries to get on scene to record videos.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I wondered that as well. You can hear a helicopter overhead from the start. Evidently the police helicopter spotted the guy in the dealer lot prior to this theft. Reading the YouTube comments it sounds like the poster monitors the police helicopter frequency and then tries to get on scene to record videos.
Like that movie Zodiac
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443706/

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Punk must have watched "Gone in 60 Seconds" too many times.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Im sorry but if your going to steal a mustang, you gotta at least drive it like you stole it! He deserves what he got. A slap on the wrist! Haha And a non lethal green rubber pellet shot gun on him. Only in Cali...

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
And who was recording him steal it?
I was just about to post that very question. Who records a theft in High Def?
Methinks there's something more to the story here.

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
It’s all a big show at the scene with police, firemen and a helicopter. Then they all get together at the local greasy spoon to talk about it. The only thing of interest to me is why the one cop had a shotgun pointed in another direction when the perp was completely immobilized. That’s a big no-no up here and this is just a grab and dash joy ride offence. Yup, get shot cause some other kid stole an insured Mustang.
Yeah I know! Poor dude only committed a felony and wrecked into a someone's house! Damn those cops and firefighters. Who do they think they are? Doing their jobs and relying on their training/tactics to keep safe! RIDICULOUS!

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Its even worse with Yankee truck drivers that think they're sea lawyers.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Let's prey he finds JESUS before he gets back out on the streets! :amen:

Sponsored

EvilleGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
They haven't determined whether there's anyone else in the car. This seems to be standard procedure when police are dealing with a felony: Keep the vehicle covered until someone can positively determine that there's nobody else in it.
This is exactly what happened. The cop with the shotgun was covering the car once the driver was in custody in case there was anyone else in it. You can tell this is the case when one of the cops orders anyone else in the car to come out. This is standard procedure.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Who was recording outside the dealership? His friend?
It could be anyone as everyone has a camera in a cell phone. That and the video at the crash site could be by different people and just harvested later no matter what is said in the comments section. Why the crash? Police chase? In Toronto they call off chases when lives are at stake especially if it is just theft. I applaud citizens for videotaping police actions in cases like this. The kid did wrong but we have had brazen murders up here that didn’t have the police presence of this kid on a joy ride.

Just saying.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I also love seeing the police tape securing the “crime scene” even though there were no injuries and even the car looks to be in one piece. Where is Colombo when you need him. :lol:
Sponsored