Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I hope you're wrong about this one I really do :lol:

why would it say "free updates are on their way" ?:mad::brokenheart:
I dont know, all I can say is what I saw in the memo that my source showed me, and it clearly said it was fee based and can only be done at the dealer. I too hope its wrong, but That memo he got on 3/12, unless the website is for newer sync 3 systems (18+).
Sponsored

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
I tried updating as I have in the past, and it does the usual "Updating..." in the black bar at the top, but several minutes later it pops up a screen saying I am already running the latest version? I am definitely not on 18025. I'm on the one before that (provided in this thread)

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a question: if the official one released this week is also 3.0.18025, can the people who have unofficial 18025 install over to get other aspects updated such as voice files gracenotes etc?
I tried updating as I have in the past, and it does the usual "Updating..." in the black bar at the top, but several minutes later it pops up a screen saying I am already running the latest version? I am definitely not on 18025. I'm on the one before that (provided in this thread)
I got curious too. I currently have the unofficial 18025 installed (literally installed 2 days ago lol). Then I saw this official came out yesterday. I have a base GT with a SYNC 3 swap so I don't get the official updates nor am I really sure how to obtain it beside through the forums.

Anyway, I got curious after reading [MENTION=19817]HizliBullet[/MENTION] comment and decided to install the official one. Just like [MENTION=21349]fordracerguy[/MENTION], I too got the pop up message stating that I already have the latest version and to pull the USB out and SYNC 3 will restart. Went and placed the previous version, 17276 build, onto the USB and tried to downgrade (not sure if I am doing it right or if there are some special procedures to downgrade?). Plugged it in and said updating. Then a few minutes later, I got the same pop message stating I am already on the latest version again. Looks like I will stick with the unofficial 18025 for now and wait for an official one later. No complaints so far and both, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, works great!

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
since 18025 isnt officially out yet the links on first page arent for it, its for 17276

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Amazon has the 64GB for $17.99 ($2 cheaper), and the 128GB for $30.99 ($4 cheaper).

Free shipping with Prime too, BB looks like it's $5.49 to ship.
Yah not sure I need it but just because I had to order the 64GB, guess the speed of it impressed me :) Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT & 2017 Edge Titanium
what's that a 2018 Mustang at the dealer?

prvns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I downloaded the zip file for my 2016 mustang from the OP. But after I extracted the zip file there are multiple tar.gz files inside it. Which one should I copy to the USB driver? or Should I copy all the tar.gz files?

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I downloaded the zip file for my 2016 mustang from the OP. But after I extracted the zip file there are multiple tar.gz files inside it. Which one should I copy to the USB driver? or Should I copy all the tar.gz files?
Leave the tar.gz files alone. During the update process in your car, it uses these files to complete the install. You should see a folder titled 'SyncMyRide' and 2 files titled 'autoinstall.lst' and 'DONTINDX.MSA'. I've attached a photo on what it should all look like. You're going to want to put all of these files onto a thumb drive for the install. Once plugged into your cars USB hub, let it do it's thing and in about 20 minutes it should be finished.
test.png

Sponsored

prvns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Leave the tar.gz files alone. During the update process in your car, it uses these files to complete the install. You should see a folder titled 'SyncMyRide' and 2 files titled 'autoinstall.lst' and 'DONTINDX.MSA'. I've attached a photo on what it should all look like. You're going to want to put all of these files onto a thumb drive for the install. Once plugged into your cars USB hub, let it do it's thing and in about 20 minutes it should be finished.

Thanks. On Mac OS if we use the default file extractor, The folder path is not preserved. So I had to use archive extractor utility or terminal to unzip the file. Now it's clear. But after I started updating my car's software it was stuck at "Updating system software" for 1 hour 5 minutes and nothing happened. Then I had to turn off my car. Do you know what could be the problem?

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
Anyone else having trouble with Ford's website? I can't even log into my account.

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT & 2017 Edge Titanium
cannot either...

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Anyone else having trouble with Ford's website? I can't even log into my account.

have you used the thumbdrive before for updates? Can't really say for sure in regards to why it didn't progress. Did the install seem to ever start when plugging in the drive? Perhaps the format of the drive is the issue as it has to be exfat32 and the Mac is causing the issue.
Sponsored